Background image problem

CMEHA8

Hi, i'm switching from Maya to Houdini (using H8)

I work a lot with boujou and export to H4.1 works fine.. nulls are fine and camera is also moving as it should, but when I try to attach image to view it is flipped vertically, camera is moving nice and is oriented as it should but image that I've used in boujou is flipped. I'm very new with houdini and don't know if this is the right way to set up roto image or image plane.

This has to be something really easy, but I don't have boujou around. Could you attach basic example hip? I don't remember if boujou refers in camera roto parameter to COP FileIn or directly to a file on disk. In second case this sounds like a tiff scanline order issue. Using tiffs? Otherwise hard to say.

cheers,

sy.

Edited by SYmek

This has to be something really easy, but I don't have boujou around. Could you attach basic example hip? I don't remember if boujou refers in camera roto parameter to COP FileIn or directly to a file on disk. In second case this sounds like a tiff scanline order issue. Using tiffs? Otherwise hard to say.

cheers,

sy.

The Problem is that Boujou didn't attach any image, so i went to camera parameters and attached it as a background image, and in other projects that works nice but with file generated by boujou is flipped, i will attach file later.. don't have it on this comp.

hey

as far as i remember, what u can do to fix this is load the image through COP's.

so just like you specify the image in ur display parameters, theres an option to specify the location of your image. ie file on disk, or COPS.

therefor: load the file through COPS

ie, you have to place a file COP down and then point to that OP

this strangely works :blink:

let me know if this works.

• 2 weeks later...