about POP object and POP solver

michal

Hi,

I have some questions about how to import Particle system into DOP network. I'm wondering what's your preference when doing this task? doing it manually, or use system buttons of H9?

For the manual work, I know I need to do these:

A. create an "DOP import node" in POP network, and fill in "DOP Network" and "Object Mask"

B. create a "POP object node" in DOP network,

C. create an "OBJ Position node"; select OBJ path;

D. create an "POP solver node" and select POP path;

I tried everyway but I still can't make it. If anyone can show me a simple example, that would be great.

I don't like to make it use those system buttons because I met some problems too.

Here comes the second question: when I use those buttons to do the following things, It works pretty well.

A. Create a geometry (e.g. a box)

B. Create particles --> Source from Geometry (Get one particle system)

C. Create particles --> POP Object (Import the particle system above to a Dynamics network).

But it seems that I can't change the name of the particle system (the default name is "particle_emitter1"). If I change it to something else (e.g. "particle_system"), the particles just disappeared. When I change the name back, it's visible again. Does this mean that we can only use the default name?

See the attachment for this problem.

Thanks.

pop_rename_problem.hipnc