L-system plants

mentor

snx for replies! i'm exporting geometry to OBJ and then to 3dmax. I know people who makes vray connector, but i don't using this connector :)

this is my another experimental plants:

hq_plants_1.1.jpg

common_07.jpg

maple_cal_06.jpg

maple_sug_05.jpg

oak_02.jpg

willow_05.jpg

willow_06.jpg

willow_s_04.jpg

Edited by mentor

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Netvudu

This is simple double-sided vray material :) First i made simple vray material with green diffuse color and then put them to 2sided material (translucency color white - value = 240)

ahh those are nice looking trees, i think the wood(bark) could do with some work, but the maybe those won't be visible i the final images, if that's what u are working to?

i'm really loving V-ray, busy beta testing it for another CG app at the moment, it's a pretty quick and solid renderer!

jason

Hey excellent stuff!

Awesome looking foliage, i am doing my personal research at uni on realistic modeling of trees/plants using L-systems and so far these are looking pretty damm good. I would also say however that yes depending on how much the viewer will see the bark, they could do with some displacement or bump mapping as they are looking quite smooth.

Well done though, i got some good points to make in my research.

Thanks, all the best

Julia

• 2 years later...

Hi! I made a pause with Houdini L-systems, now I work with GrowFX plugin for 3ds max. It is similar to L-systems, but not L-systems. GrowFX generates custom curves, now I'm making jungle forest for my project.

Here is some interesting images (guys, sorry, but I made this images in 3ds max and vray, not in Houdidi :) )

growfx-jungle-tree-09.jpg

growfx-jungle-tree-10.jpg

growfx-jungle-tree-11.jpg

growfx-jungle-tree-13.jpg

Average render time 10 minutes, memory usage 1.6-2 GB of RAM, average polygon size - 2.3 million of polygons.

Edited by mentor

1. I'm usually using 3ds max and vray in my pipeline, because vray can render scenes with billion of polygons.

2. I don't have enough knowledge in Houdini to make complex trees and flowers, but I'm studying. Houdini is more powerful than GrowFX but I need more experience.

Large image - Jungle forest

I have large collection of 3d models, I made it for my projects and for my 3d model's shop. I really like to model beautiful trees, palms, flowers and etc. If you interested please visit my web site http://www.3dmentor.ru

Edited by mentor

2 ykcosmo

Sure, average render time 10 minutes, memory usage 1.6-2 GB of RAM, average polygon size - 2.3 million of polygons.

I fixed link to the large image above.

Edited by mentor

• 3 weeks later...