How do I render Constant Pass of Houdini's Concrete Material

zasid

No No .... I want to render it out throught the DEEP RASTER concept not thro takes. Sorry for the mis communication

how do i generate a constant of the concrete its procedural and have no shading model in its parameters.

No No .... I want to render it out throught the DEEP RASTER concept not thro takes. Sorry for the mis communication

how do i generate a constant of the concrete its procedural and have no shading model in its parameters.

Jump inside a Material and even deeper into a surfce shader - as usual you should do anytime you have some business with shading ;)

Examine if a Material you'd like to use has a Export paremeters setup for you. In Concrete Material all is already done, just check the name for a color variable. In our case" "paintExport". In other case you can create it by yourself possibly reorganizing a network.

Add that name in your deepraster setting. Done.

Cheeers,

sy.

Edited by SYmek

Symek is there a way to render shadow pass thro Deep raster methods??

Yes I don't see what you can't. However, you have to take the time to build the illuminance loop yourself and gather and export the shadow information - which is necessary for the purpose of using Light Exports too.

zasid I am looking at this sort of thing right now.I take it your using a Vop network to create your shaders ? If you dive inside the VOP network you can add export parameters almost anywhere. I just have not cracked the how to in code part .

I have been thinking why not use a spot light to cast shadows and calculate occlusion at the same time within the spot lights cone and then use export params to pull give you a shadow pass and an occlusion pass.

Rob

Edited by rob