The Plan

This is very, very nice fellas. Thank you. I've done some tests using johner's Voronoi Fracture in conjunction with this and it is incredibly fast and looks great. This should be standard in Houdini! Please, have a look...

http://vimeo.com/6638366

Dude, that's great! Would you mind sharing your .HIP file? I'd love to look at your setup.

CheerZ,

Van Aarde.

Here ya go, just had to do a little work to get the pieces to the origin (in the foreach contained in voronoi shatter) and back (in the dops position node), otherwise the center of mass isn't properly calculated. Pretty simple setup otherwise.

Dude, that's great! Would you mind sharing your .HIP file? I'd love to look at your setup.

CheerZ,

Van Aarde.

• 1 month later...

by checking tjeeds' example, I follow with a setup.add each piece with $CEX,$CEY,$CEZ att, but my model interpenetrating.

another question,how to define a grid to Ground?

Set your RBD fractured objects "Group Mask" to read in just your pieces (in your case large_*). For your ground go to your RBD object under the Physical tab uncheck "Compute Mass" and set your "Mass" to 0

hope that helps

-S

Edited by Stephen

• 2 months later...

so I'm in the process of implementing the RBD Glue Object into the bullet solver for our studio. I'm going to use btCompoundShape for that. Now I don't want to drastically change the way things are currently set up so I'm going to be using a map of a vector of map to store the compoundShapes separately.

Something like this: std::map<std::string, std::vector<std::map<int, bulletBody> > >, where the string is the name of the rbdglueobject. So in other words I'll end up with this type of description

|-RBD_GLUE_OBJECT_1

| |

| |-RBD_GLUE_CHILD_OBJECT_1

| |-RBD_GLUE_CHILD_OBJECT_2

| |-RBD_GLUE_CHILD_OBJECT_3

|-RBD_OBJECT_2

This is a bit too long to type but it should be convenient to use the already implemented functions that use map<int, bulletBody>.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers,

Ron

Edited by rony

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...