Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CaYuS

Introducing La Main des Ma

23 posts in this topic

Hello there !

I'm not sure to post in the right category... hope it will be ok.

Well, I was at Georges Melies School in France, and I co-directed a student short film with two friends of mine. I used Houdini Apprentice HD for most of the VFX (smoke, blood, rigid bodies...) and the other stuff was done with Maya, Photoshop and After Effects.

Some stills :

lamaindesmaitres.com-affiche-reduce.jpg

lamaindesmaitres.com-plan-01-reduce.jpg

lamaindesmaitres.com-plan-04-reduce.jpg

[ Credits ]

* Directors : Cl

Really nice work! Congratulations - great job!

Quite incredible! I love it! It would be lovely to see a breakdown of some of the work you did in Houdini for it:)

wow...very nice work...

very Steamboy! YAY!

steamboy and jin roh yeah:) but nicer, i think.

Thank you so much everybody for your comments!

I do not yet have any reel with breakdown of the short... I know, I know, shame on me...

I'm going to take some pictures of the stuff done with houdini to show you that. Be right back ;)

Hop,

As I do not have yet any video making-off of the short, just a few screens to show you the type of effects done with Houdini.

lamaindesmaitres.com-blood-houdini.jpg

Pop simulation + Particlefluidsurface, rendered with Mantra

lamaindesmaitres.com-smoke-houdini.jpg

Pop simulation + Metaballs, rendered with Mantra

As you can see, the goal was not to do a complex simulation, but a working one. After, it's more a compositing work and trying to obtain something 2D.

It is my first short like this but the 2D/3D mix was something very interesting to do :rolleyes:

I love the full package! Everything feels so tight and complete, as if no detail was overlooked.. I still can't get over that this is student work.. Incredible you guys..

Thank you all for your comments!

@michael > Today there is no any quicktime or full HD version. As we are still in a festival progress, I prefer to share a flash version, and keep the best one for the festival.

But maybe you're not able to watch the flash version ? Tell me what.

I can watch the flash version ...

but we don't allow flv here at work, so I was hoping there was a quicktime version I could download and share with the rest of C.O.R.E.

Oki doki.

Just a few seconds and check your messages ;)

Edit : It should be okay...

Edited by CaYuS

Nice work, animation, rendering, colors.... C' est rarement le cas pour un film de fin d'ann

Edited by Div

I'm personally not a huge fan of the anim