Question about bump map in Houdini

Lutze

Hello everybody.

Even if I make a complete fool of myself, but I have a question about bump maps in Houdini. Usualy I use XSI and try some minor Projects in Houdini. Now I work on a piece of old pottery for a university project (see attached file). My problem is, that I don

post-3521-1231073759_thumb.jpg

Hello everybody.

Even if I make a complete fool of myself, but I have a question about bump maps in Houdini. Usualy I use XSI and try some minor Projects in Houdini. Now I work on a piece of old pottery for a university project (see attached file). My problem is, that I don

post-744-1231088782_thumb.png

post-744-1231088847_thumb.png

mantra_bump_and_displace.hip

Edited by SYmek

Thank you very much for the help. I appreciate it very much. I am out this evening but I will try it first thing tomorrow morning. I think I will be able to do it with your examples and will post the result. Thanks again.

Sven

Ok, this is not the final displacement strenght but just a proof that "i did it" (looks like something that lay on the ground of the see for some time...). Displacement done, bump to come. With your answers I am on the way...

Thanks again

Sven

post-3521-1231268248_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lutze

Hey, that was a good one :rolleyes: Initialy I wanted to know how bump maps are working. I did these tutorials already but looked for an easy(er) way to bump textures. The displacement is thus far only the second best choice for this project. The methods I got as answers to my question seem more straight forward than the way it is done in the tutorials. But I am only a part-time Houdini-User, so I might be mistaken.

Thanks you for your hint, od[force] seems to be a realy cool place... ;)