open curtain suggestions pls

ventralstreams

Hi all. I've been using Houdini for quite some time now, but consider myself an amateur user. My problem is the following. I 'm trying to do a dynamics project of a curtain opening. I have created my cloth object and for my constrains i have copied a sphere and animated the translate x in the copy sop to achieve the desired movement. The problem comes as soon as i set up my DOP's network. when i simulate it's so slow it's useless. i import the constrains (spheres) as a RBD obj with 0 mass and "use deforming geometry" on for importing the movement. For the contstrain I use a cloth pin constrain untick the "constrain to animation" and use my RBD oject as goal object. I would like ask you for your expert opinions as to what would be the best way to deal with this issue. Thanx in advance and excuse my english.

Manos

hey man

its always easier to pick up from where u left off when its specific to what u have already setup ?

having said that, cloth in houdini is quiet painfully slow atm but that is being addressed :)

is there anyway u can share a broken down version of this scene ?

:blink:

I've been thinking about cloth quite a bit lately...I don't know why...anyway...

load the beaded curtain eg from the help card examples - it's very fast, uses the wire dops...

THEN - in SOPs you could play around with building a surface - your 'cloth' cutains - from the wires...

HTH