perPoint emission rate

hillybilly

Hi, I'm jumping over from maya, so this is probably a noob question, couldn't find an answer on the forum, so here goes:

is it possible to vary the emission on a perpoint basis, by modulating the point number, something like: $PT%6?

PT11 emits 5, PT12 emits 0, PT1 emits 1, en so on.

Basically the question comes down to, how can I push attributes from SOP to POP?

Which commands tell the emitter to be aware of per point values, cause if I understand it correctly, the popevent() can do this.

Thnx

Thanks for your reply,

yup, this solved the attribute SOP->POP problem.

The Sort SOP is renumbering my points, which is nice, but not exactly what I need.

Maybe I'm using the wrong approach (maya logic). So this is what I want:

copy flowers on a grid, stamping their size randomly, the flowers emit particles at a rate relative to their size.

Do I need multiple POPNETS or can I send the points of the flowers to one POPNET that uses the scale(or custom attribute) to determine the emission rate?

Hey great!

Thanks for file, really makes things clear :)

So basically the point density per object sent to the POP-source is the most efficient way to control an objects rate.

Maya: I'd particle-instance flower-geo to points, scale flowers with custum attrs, and use this as a emitterRatePP.

But mayas instancer is too limited. I really like houdinis workflow.

Cheers:)