some liquid questions

mic

hello! i'm testing some liquid effects and have some questions about it..

i watched 2 lessons - from sideFX and cmiVFX, about fluids..

I felt confused about that fact that in first lesson everything was done using particle fluids, and in the second - using fluid objects.. So, tell me please, in what cases should i use one or another nodes..?

maybe the question is very general, let's see on the example.. i want to create smth liquid, but with the viscosity effect - jelly.

there is an example in houdini, which is like what i want -

'jchadwick_dop_example_particlefluidsolver_viscoelasticexample1', in the attached file. it was made ising particle fluids, and added viscosity force..

if i want to do jelly leak through the sieve.. and make it using the fluids, not particle fluids.. in example i've done it, using viscosity very large on the fluid solver, but the result isn't good, it's very slow andi want the main mass of the fluid to stay on the sieve, but little streams falling down at the holes of the grid.. how can i do this using fluids, and in this case, which way is better - using particle fluids or fluids?..

Thank you very much!

JELLY_fluid.rar

the second question is:

for example i've adjusted the behaviour of particles (pop) which i like,they collide with different surfaces, slide on ones, dies on others, etcetera.. how can i adjust different behaviour on the collision to particle fluid object?..

for the second question, i would say either use the object as colliding object or as sink, sink means die on collision.

cheers Seb

thank you, Seb, i'm step-by-step solving my problems, using sink, using field forces and other very useful dops)