problem in collision volumes of imported maya obj

kunal

Hello

i am have a scene where i have to import some animated geometry ( a machine with a container) and have some balls flying around inside the container.

the problem is that the animated machine has been exported as .obj and i am getting some really bad collison volumes that are full of holes. i increased the sampling to 90 but its still really bad.

does anyone have any experience with doing RBD simulations with imported maya geometry or can suggest some better way of bringing in the geometry so that the collsion volumes are manageable ??

thanks

Hello

i am have a scene where i have to import some animated geometry ( a machine with a container) and have some balls flying around inside the container.

the problem is that the animated machine has been exported as .obj and i am getting some really bad collison volumes that are full of holes. i increased the sampling to 90 but its still really bad.

does anyone have any experience with doing RBD simulations with imported maya geometry or can suggest some better way of bringing in the geometry so that the collsion volumes are manageable ??

thanks

check to make sure your normals are correct. RBD collisions are calculated using a "sign distance field" which basically means that it figures out which side of the face is interior and which is exterior. It uses the surface normal in order to figure this out. If its wrong then its best to re-calculate them using a reverse SOP and/or facet SOP.

check to make sure your normals are correct. RBD collisions are calculated using a "sign distance field" which basically means that it figures out which side of the face is interior and which is exterior. It uses the surface normal in order to figure this out. If its wrong then its best to re-calculate them using a reverse SOP and/or facet SOP.

Thanks Spencer ...i'll give that a try