please help me to install houdini in linux Ubuntu ...

with all the problem with vista i decide to install linux Ubuntu but i don't under stand any thing in it .

it install some updates and all work right but how i can install houdini in it , i don't know .

i have read some posts about this but can't understand and please there are many version of houdini for linux so which version of houdini i must to download .

thanks for all.

with all the problem with vista i decide to install linux Ubuntu but i don't under stand any thing in it .

it install some updates and all work right but how i can install houdini in it , i don't know .

i have read some posts about this but can't understand and please there are many version of houdini for linux so which version of houdini i must to download .

thanks for all.

Also, check these threads if you run into any errors:

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...amp;#entry59726

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...amp;#entry59365

Most questions about houdini on linux seems to be answered.

Execute the install script using "sudo ./houdini.install".

what is that mean.....................

what is the sudo ./houdini.install

If you look in the folder where your houdini download is, there is a file inside called "houdini.install".

sudo ./houdini.install is the command for installing houdini as root (superuser/administrator).

Open the terminal and type...

cd /<the directory where the houdini.install file is>

sudo ./houdini install

..or rightclick the houdini.install file and choose "run in terminal"

As for your other problem, no idea.

Edited by ragupasta

i have problem with linux

in the tirmanal it ask to install cd and after it installed it ask me about name my cd-rom and i type it incorrect please how to fix that ....

I suggest reading up on Linux to begin with, if you don't know what sudo is, you should probably start with understanding the Terminal in Ubuntu. The ubuntu forums and site has loads of information, go there and read up. I promise that after you got some basic knowledge about linux/ubuntu alot of these things will make sense and you wont have to ask about it :)

no i couldn't click using the mouse and i didn't try the tablet it just was connected to laptop and i never think that is the problem from it

but when i remove the tablet i could to use evry thing in houdini : and when nomad -thank you nomad- give me the link i read about that i must to remove the tablet :

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials...untu/index.html