HOT for H10

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

Hi,

I was compiling the latest HOT source (for Houdini 10) for a few machines, thought I'd share them.

Versions for Linux, Linux-64, OSX & WIN32-vc7.

Thanks to Drew as always for his hard work!

Take care,

Mark

• Like 1

I think VC8 would be better for most people:

from the SESI Downloads page

Important Information about Houdini 9.1 for 32-bit Windows:

* Recommended Build: The 32-bit Windows (VC8) build uses the Microsoft Visual C++ (MSVC) 2005 compiler and is the recommended version for most users. This version includes FBX support.

* The other 32-bit Windows (VC7) build uses the Microsoft Visual C++ (MSVC) 2003 compiler and is being made available for studios that have HDK code in their pipeline that is compiled with the VC7 compiler. This version DOES NOT include FBX support.

Guest xionmark

I don't have plans to upgrade to Vista/vc8 any time soon, hope I never do actually ...

Someone else will have to compile for vc8, it's easy.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

i have downloaded the osx files and put these into librarys/frameworks/houdini.framework/libraries

after starting houdini i'm a little bit confused 'cause i have no access to the appropiate SOP's and VOP's.

So I think I haven't installed the files in the right location or do I miss something?

Thanks

Guest xionmark
i have downloaded the osx files and put these into librarys/frameworks/houdini.framework/libraries

after starting houdini i'm a little bit confused 'cause i have no access to the appropiate SOP's and VOP's.

So I think I haven't installed the files in the right location or do I miss something?

Thanks

It's much easier to just put them in $HOME/houdini10.0/dso/

Guest xionmark
so I have done it as you said but don't work so maybe the reason is that i'm using build 293 ?

When you say it doesn't work ...

Specifics please, it's hard for us to guess ....

When you say it doesn't work ...

Specifics please, it's hard for us to guess ....

sorry,

I have placed the 3 files in the dso directory and the HOUDINI_DSO_PATH variable points to that directory.

But I didn't find the ocean SOP. SO I think the dso isn't loaded in houdini. so how can i check it?

thanks

Guest xionmark

Use the dsoinfo command from the textport or hbatch/hscript which print a list of DSO loaded by Houdini.

Look for the ocean SOP in that list.

Use the dsoinfo command from the textport or hbatch/hscript which print a list of DSO loaded by Houdini.

Look for the ocean SOP in that list.

Ok, I've look but the dso isn't loaded in so thats the reason why I cannot find the Ocean SOP

• 3 weeks later...

My platform is win32.

I can only get the SOP_Cleave work correctly, the other two don't work. It says something is wrong with the libfftw3f-3.dll file. I guess my fttw version is wrong, can anyone share your libfftw3f-3.dll file please, thanks very much.

The SOP_Cleave.dll can work without libfftw3f-3.dll, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using "Houdini Master 10.0 64 bit Build 295" on a Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit OS.

I've NEVER compiled anything before, nor do I know the first thing about doing it...yet I need to use the HOT.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step on what to do? I'd be more than happy to share my results and post the fruit of the labors.

I think a lot of people would appreciate HOT for Vista 64 bit. I've already downloaded something called Cygwin, and I do have the HDK installed as well. I have the ingredients, so someone show me how to mix and how long to place it in the oven and we can be set on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the Visual Studio installed and compiled one of the HDK samples?

If not, start here:

And here:

http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/HoudiniDevelopmentKit

I don't have a 64 bit Windows box, so I can't help out.

Mark

I have Visual Studio 2008 installed, and I have Houdini Master 10. Not sure if it came with the HDK though (but I'm assuming it did if apprentice does).