Voronoi - dynamic - location based fracture (WIP)

johner

So, just uncheck "Add to Existing Velocity Attributes" on the DOP Import and that should go away.

Awesome, I'll test it right now and post my results. Thank you SO much seriously for this tool! Just recently i've been needing to fracture stuff and was having SO many problems until running into this asset. It's fantastic work. Seriously appreciate it!

Cheers

Jonathan

5005 pieces...

and some random flying dagger... *ckhh* jk... Assumming there must have been a piece that went shooting rotationally very very fast and strong.

Anyways, took about 8 hours to sim 48 frames <_<

and 8 hours to render. :o

totally ran out of memory on my computer, and had to stop at frame 48... my actual disk space ran out due to virtual ram use!

i used a dynamics rop to write out the sim data and then started rendering. i'm trying to remember though, isn't there a step i'm missing that will help "reading the data"? the only reason the render took so long was because it had to read in the sim data... the sim files were about 150 megs each.

thoughts and suggestions on dealing with larger sims? will have to move on to real projects now though. this tool is awesome though. i love playing with it

Thanks,

Jonathan

5005_pieces_Fractured.mov

so now i'm trying to shatter some text using your dynamic fracture method... in sops, i used a connectivity and partition sop in order to get each letter in their own group... letter_0, letter_1, letter_2... as an example. then in DOPs i'm using an rbd fractured object... the letters act individually but no fracturing is occuring on them. thoughts on what i'm missing?

thanks,

Jonathan

so now i'm trying to shatter some text using your dynamic fracture method... in sops, i used a connectivity and partition sop in order to get each letter in their own group... letter_0, letter_1, letter_2... as an example. then in DOPs i'm using an rbd fractured object... the letters act individually but no fracturing is occuring on them. thoughts on what i'm missing?

It should work, are you following the example files? In particular you need a FracturedPieces DOP after the RBD Fracture Object DOP to create the new DOP Objects from the fractured geo.

See attached for a really simple example (just default settings on everything).

letters_dynamic fracture.hip

It should work, are you following the example files? In particular you need a FracturedPieces DOP after the RBD Fracture Object DOP to create the new DOP Objects from the fractured geo.

See attached for a really simple example (just default settings on everything).

yep, i went through all of the example files and i had the fracturedpieces dop after the rbd fractured obj dop. my problem was that i was building this example from my previous examples and had the minimum impact settings, minimum volume, impact radius, number of points... all to some fairly large settings, so that the geometry just wasn't fracturing :P

once again, this tool is AWESOME!

:)

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! nice animation, really smooth and natural did you use any thing for reference? :)

[ Great to see the PGMVC being used to do some full on character animation, I meant to put an example together but somehow never find the time, it never would have been as good as that either.]

Awesome! nice animation, really smooth and natural did you use any thing for reference? :)

[ Great to see the PGMVC being used to do some full on character animation, I meant to put an example together but somehow never find the time, it never would have been as good as that either.]

want to see a hip file :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...