chromakey, how fast put h/s values when you don't have click and p

Nibbler

I need to set hue/saturation parameter in chromakey cop op.

I wanna do it by the method described in 'Houdini 2.0 Tutorial Guide September 1997'wrote by John Penner & Michael Vinovich, but in the new ver of Hodini you can't do it this way. The method decribed in tutorial is that you click in small preview window and pick that colour into hue/sat parameter.

I do tutorial where in COPs I have two pictures and want to connect one of them to chromakey then in chroma set hue/saturation parameters to create mask. The quick `click and pick` colour is cool and fast but how to enter values in this parameter? How get them from picture? So maybe do this in VOPs? Write rgb to hsv converter then fast grab right RGB stuff from picture using colour op then convert it to hs values?

post-4416-125178429733_thumb.jpg

I need to set hue/saturation parameter in chromakey cop op.

I wanna do it by the method described in 'Houdini 2.0 Tutorial Guide September 1997'wrote by John Penner & Michael Vinovich, but in the new ver of Hodini you can't do it this way. The method decribed in tutorial is that you click in small preview window and pick that colour into hue/sat parameter.

In the viewer status bar it says to "Hit o" to select colors.

If you hit the 'o' key, you can then pick the colors from the viewport. On the full image rather than an icon.

• 7 months later...