Re-create Sci-Fi Art WIP - Marsians!

dynamoanders

Hi guys.

This is my first contest, so I´m really nervous :-).

I started learning Houdini since april/may, and have to say it´s my favorite application by faar, and I don´t even know it that well yet, but it feels that we have a long and interesting way to travel, me and Houdini. I´ve worked with several apps before(Maya, 3DS Max, Modo, Nuke, Shake etc), but I have to say that the procedual approach Houdini offers just blew me away.

Not only the procedual approach as exciting, but all the things you can do with it, compositing, producing sound etc.

Well, anyway, I have chosen a different approach to this contest, I want to explore Houdini a bit further, and I thought that a competition is perfect to kick myself in the ass. I wanted to try out different parts of Houdini, and show what it had to offer, and fell for re-producing an awsome ad a friend recommended to me, Amora Hot Ketchup,

I´m going to try to do all the parts, compositing, grading, modelling, animating and even try to do some keying.

Soo, let´s see how far I get. I will post images as I continue to work.

Cheers

//Anders

Hello again.

I just have some questions..

I wonder to where I should upload my hip files? I also have some large amount of renders that is of importence, should I zip them and sprend them, or just the hip files? And if so, to what adress.

When i upload my final animation, should I post a Vimeo link then? Or is there some better way of doing it?

Thanks

//Anders