Volume Modeling Plug-in

rony

ah, ok. I can only use Win64 for my personal stuff, but it´s only logical that you work it on Linux. Maybe there will be a Windows version when it´s finished? :)

The reason why I am not supporting windows anymore is because Sidefx switched to Visual Studio 2008 (VC9) to compile Houdini 12. I only have Visual Studio 2005 (VC8). The express edition only compiles 32 bit code so for the time being I'm putting it on hold.

Cheers,

Ron

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've posted anything and since I just bought an HD non commercial license I decided to give it a shot.

Here are 2 images rendered in high res of a surface wisps volume.

The resolution is 1000x1000x500.

The first is saved with alpha, the second, without.

Cheers,

Ron

post-3020-13419074177_thumb.png

post-3020-134190746094_thumb.png

Edited by rony

• 10 months later...

I've released a new version of the plugins for Houdini 12.5. Here's the link:

http://www.3dde.com/plugins_page.html

I've added support for GIF files and modified the watermark to randomized scanlines. It's not pretty and will flicker but it's more discreet than the previous watermark.

This is compiled with GCC-4.6.2 using Houdini12.5.376 so make sure you have the compatible version of Houdini and GCC installed.

Also the windows 7 version is on its way soon. I'll post it once ready.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Ron

Guest mantragora

The reason why I am not supporting windows anymore is because Sidefx switched to Visual Studio 2008 (VC9) to compile Houdini 12. I only have Visual Studio 2005 (VC8). The express edition only compiles 32 bit code so for the time being I'm putting it on hold.

Cheers,

Ron

Windows SDK contains free 64-bit MS C++ compiler. For VS2008 version get older SDK. I think it's this one. Good source of info about SDK's is here.

PS. It looks also that you can force 2008 Express Edition to use SDK 64 bit compiler. Probably a little pain in the ass to setup but it may work.

PS2. For all you out there that would like to use inlineCPP on Windows and can't right now, you should try this SDK because it looks that it's all you need to make it work if you don't have VS2008.

PS3. I think Code::Blocks can use MS Compiler if it detects it. Maybe someone could try to make it work with SDK and compile for Houdini. Someone with free time. :)

Edited by mantragora

I've released the plug-ins for Windows 7 64 bit.

There is no licensing scheme yet so you'll get randomized flickering scanlines but the plugins themselves work fine.

Let me know if you find a bug.

I'll post a hip file that uses all the plug-ins so that you can get an idea on how to set up a workflow with the correct attributes etc.

You can find them at the same page:

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Ron

There was a multi-threaded clouds plug-in missing from the Linux distro, so I've added it to the 12.5 download.

I've also added a hip file with descriptions and examples demonstrating how to set up the different workflows to use the plugins.

The flickering watermark is still there but you can see what the workflow consists of.

Again all can be found here:

Enjoy.

PS: @Netvudu. The flickering watermark is part of the non commercial solution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...