All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bullet Impacts

Any update to this? Would be awesome !
  3. Today
  4. Upon further investigating, this came up. Hmmm, will Email support with this issue.
  5. Got home tonight excited to work on some Houdini stuff, did a few tests and hit [Render] in render view tab. Render never started with a blue progress bar up top and a message saying: Generating Scene ..... Restarted computer and started a fresh Houdini Scene, dropped in a Test Pig Head and hit render again. Same thing! What's going on?! PS. Indie License if that helps! Please assist!
  6. Vex help

Thank you very much for the explanation.
  7. Vex help

Hi, the foreach loops over all values in the i[]@pts array. Your attributes i@i and i@pt are integer attributes (not arrays), so each attribute value gets overwritten for each turn in the loop. At the end these attributes will have the value of the last run of the loop. If you use arrays for example, you will get all values from the loop. for_each_pts.hipnc
  8. Vex help

Help I am studying Array and I did not understand this: Because I get these values in foreach in the "var int pt". I just do not understand what those values are, let alone what happens. Can anyone explain?
  9. Stretch UI

But usually, it works fine in other apps... Can I delete width and height attributes (or set them to non-fixed values)? I had no luck with deleting <width>296</width> and <height>70</height>. I suppose this is because of parenting my UI to Houdini main window.
  10. Hi there, First time posting here . I am working on my final bullet destruction project for school and I was wondering if there was a way to constrain window glass, for example, to already cached pieces. I am trying to do layered destruction, where I first do the concrete layer then read those into a glass simulation where the glass is constrained to and collides with the concrete cache, and so on. I was told it was possible to do this as follows: "You can unpack pieces of your original sim near your windows and then use a Point Deform SOP to bind your packed window pieces to them! As usual, set them to i@active = 0 and i@animated = 1 until you're ready to have their own secondary simulation take them over. You can add all of your preliminary simulation in as a collider too in the same manner" The problem is I am not that familiar with the Point Deform SOP and don't know where to start with it. I have Googled around and haven't found much regarding this topic. I had previous experience with Thinking Particles and this method using cached layers was common. Thanks in advance for any insights. I have attached my hip file in case you want to take a look. Thanks D layered_destruction.hiplc
  11. Yesterday
  12. Od Studios launch

When the going gets weird, the pros turn Od. Best of luck!
  13. Abstract in Houdini - Course

Glad you liked it!:D
  14. Stretch UI

Because in your .ui file you have the width and height attributes are fixed values.?
  15. Euler to orient-matrix inside dops.

its done
  16. Run script in Command Line tools with Python

If I load and render file via Python directly: hou.hipFile.load(file1) rop = hou.node(path_to_rop) rop.render(args) Does it use the same amount of memory as in the case with hscript? As far as I understand you need to load hip file anyway, but if you load it in Houdini it may take a lot of resources to draw the scene in viewport...
  17. Abstract in Houdini - Course

Thanks for free tutorial on volume noise. I Learned Something..
  18. meshing fractals

i using classic Julia Fractal to drive my spline : cool spline (Mantra) and black-and-white
  19. There's ways to decompose/describe a vector - 3 coordinates (xyz) that scale the coordinate system unit vectors (ijk) and add them together: P = i*x + j*y + k*z. - direction (vector scaled to length 1) and legth/magnitude (distance from tail to head of the vector) - direction (two angles) and length And more... It's all about using the representation that is more sensible to the operation you are doing. For angular related calcs direction is handy, while for position calcs you want to deal with xyz, etc.
  20. If a vector also has a length, why is it perceived to be of 3 values?

Thanks for the answers and resources all of you!
  21. If a vector also has a length, why is it perceived to be of 3 values?

go through first 3 chapters here: http://www.scratchapixel.com/lessons/mathematics-physics-for-computer-graphics/geometry/points-vectors-and-normals it good explansion about vector's, Normal's etc...
  22. Nature fun

Casandra (spyroidea) opt. Antartica kuki muki UH. 45
  23. length = square root of (x^2 + y^2 + z^2) direction = normalize (x,y,z) [puts that point on the surface of a unit sphere] https://www.3dgep.com/3d-math-primer-for-game-programmers-vector-operations/ You should check out dot and cross product too: https://betterexplained.com/articles/cross-product/
  24. hi, I am testing vellum, and have a question. When testGeo is coming up from ground, all vellum particles are influenced and pushed away. Also, when he hit ground with hummer and lift it up, particles looks being sucked into holes made by hummer. However, these particle reaction should not reach such far away distance. I'd like to know how to control the influence distance. So far, I am thinking of solutions: 1 - reduce constraint iteration, 2 - make a space between particles at emission/creation times. 3 - add more friction, increase particle separate / highres- sim, etc. This result could be ok for sand FX, but when making snow ground, this won't work. Particles should be very rigid, and particle only moves around testGeo's feet and hummer. If anyone knows how to control it properly, let me know thanks!!
  25. SOP_PointWave example questions ....

I really respect your help ,, thank you very much..
  26. Abstract in Houdini - Course

My new Course - Abstract in Houdini is now available! https://www.cgcircuit.com/course/abstract-in-houdini
  27. Align Geometry on Spline along TangentU and Y-Axis

Hey @LaidlawFX sry for late response, but thx alot! Thats great - so much more efficent than my setup. I ll gonna work on that. edit: I am just trying to figure out, how to calculate the angel by normal. Somehow I guess, I have to use the attribute VOP and create a cross product, at least I am reading all the time about that. The goal is to get the angel (0° - 90°), feed that into a ramp and use the 0-1 value to control the scale of the circle. Is that possible with the attribute VOP or only in VEX? Thx again!
  28. Houdini 18 Wishlist

Mantra more competitive against third renderers : - Mantra faster as Arnold, Vray, etc... in bucket mode. - Mantra GPU +1
  1. Load more activity