All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. EmberGen pyro real-time engine

No resizing the bounding box?
  4. Emit from a geometry collision

Okay, i'm gonna try this :)!! Thank you so much for the tips :D!!
  5. Emit from a geometry collision

Okay, First create your ripple source: you could find the intersection of your boat and the grid (using volumes is easy, i.e. convert boat to SDF volume and find points in grid that are inside that volume). Now that you have the source, I "think" (sorry, don't remember exactly), you need to advect your particles source with either your flip sim or ocean spectrum (in the toolshelf, you could try white water for flip or ocean tool kit, this should give you a quick basic setup)...good luck
  6. Emit from a geometry collision

Thank for the fast reply! Yep, I tested it however my goal is to make the collision of the boat with the grid a emitter and after, the boat push the particles to the surface of my ocean (it could also sticker), creating the illusion of ripple on a ocean !!. Many thanks:D!
  7. [SOLVED]Python Button Call Def?

Can you share an example? i'm trying to use the button press as a switch. when pressed val = 1 i have a python node with a button parameter on its interface. and in the pythoncode i want to use that button press to make val=1
  8. The Book of Shaders in Houdini Vex

This is a great effort, really really nicely put together as well..
  9. Hi there! I'm currently looking at the Houdini Cat Rigging Series, the Rigging Series (SideFx) and the Rigging Seminar (Delano Athias). What I haven't seen so far: A way or THE way to alter the finished rigs in case the geo changes or the quad mesh needs to be fit into a dog with different proportions. With all the dependencies in the rig, parented stuff, etc. this looks like a nightmare, doesn't it? Or is it actually quite simple and I miss something? Would be rather foolish to rebuild the stuff everytime you need it... Wished each series would come with an additional video covering this subject. I imagine a simple wire/curve skeleton would be great as the base for a rig to alter and the bone rig just adapts to it as soon as one is comfortable with the new rig dimensions. Cheers Tom
  10. Emit from a geometry collision

good have you tried the ripple solver? it should the job, but as the name implies, they are just simple ripples that deform the input mesh
  11. Emit from a geometry collision

Hi, Simply create artificial ripple around the boat :)!
  12. Hello folks! I'm trying to do some collision geo decomposition using Voronoi fracture (second cut) to generate a Bullet decomposition mesh but unfortunately, Houdini became no response to the infinity. The ram shows I got plenty of space left and the CPU usage turns down from 50% to 8%. Here are the steps: 1. I use a Voronoi fracture to frac hero pieces (a thousand pieces, some of them are not fit into convex hull shape) 2. I fracture them per piece with another Voronoi to decompose a geometry 3. Single-pass preview is fine for me but then when I do it for all then Houdini froze half way round and to clue what does it cause. Here is the network: (I've try both single For-each loop or Compile-For-each loop combo, both fail at the middle) For-each loop stop (Houdini freeze after processing no.199 piece) and I still got plenty ram and computational power Here's the file to help diagnostic. Thanks a lot! VF Problem_HIP.7z VF Problem_HIP.7z
  13. Flip Collision [ Solve ]

hi, one fast way to have flip collision is use to use volumes, e.g. create a static collision sop (which has two outputs, geo and vdb), import that sop static collision in dop as static collision dop node, make sure you connect the volume sample from sop to dop (I know, this is a very quick description! will try to build an example if time permits). As per particle disappearing after collision, I don't know, maybe it's best if you start with a plain shot and test thing step by step until you find the problem good luck
  14. Emit from a geometry collision

Hi, I am not sure I understand the question entirely? Do you want to (1) simulate white water, (2) simulate splashes , or (3) simple create artificial ripples? I understand you have a boat sailing, are you using FLIP or ocean toolkit?
  15. I think your starting point is to find a way to detect these anomalies? maybe use measure sop to measure curvature and gradient (e.g. high change gradient or curvature means it's a candidate point) then smooth these areas... BUT most probably that won't work just detecting these anomalies would be difficult (e.g. many other places in the mesh would have high gradient and yet the are correct)...If some one else have ideas it would be nice to know
  16. EmberGen pyro real-time engine

Yeah control is a big thing that tends to slow things down. Here's another fun one: https://paveldogreat.github.io/WebGL-Fluid-Simulation/
  17. EmberGen pyro real-time engine

Looks nice, though it'll be a lot slower when you actually want to read it back to do anything with. That's why most realtime demos are just that.
  18. Easiest way is to promote your attribute to detail, set to maximum - set the new name to eg max_layer and don't delete original attribute - then do something like the following in a wrangle: [assuming it's a prim integer attribute called 'layer', set the wrangle to run over prims] if(i@layer == detail(0, "max_layer", 0)) removeprim(0, @primnum, 1);
  19. House fire sourcing Pyro

In pyro solver node, inside combustion tab, go to smoke tab in it, turn on the create dense smoke, carefull, it creates smoke but the sim may change...
  20. Greetings! I have a system that creates an x amount of layers, I also apply a integer attribute value to each layer. 0-x For example I may have done a 10 layer thing. which will give me 0-9 attribute. My question is; How do I procedurally always delete the last layer with the highest attribute value?
  21. Open CL

How do I get my text that big?
  22. House fire sourcing Pyro

This thread is a couple of years old, but you could check it out.
  23. Fuel Based Rocket Launch

You'd think so, but in my experience, it does not all work by default. I wonder why they created the node (gasenforceboundary)...? Open CL is memory bound and can fail in high memory usage scenarios. (Depends upon your hardware)
  24. Should we rejoice or be scared for new tech like that. What happens when anyone can do pyro-effect, with a couple of clicks? That said it looks quiet impressive for real time.
  25. It's been a while (!) but here's an interim development of the original double wishbone chassis concept. Now you can fully adjust chassis to match car - it's all done via names - so you can transform the model in any way you like (just don't change the point numbering as constraint naming is based on point numbers). Effectively bullet is used to make the constraints easy and the only real simulation is on the wishbone springs. Wheels are pre-animated along a path and then adjusted for roll, ackerman steering angle (inner and outer wheels at different angles). Still quite tricky to adjust the sim because mass, spring strength/damping, load transfer and conetwist maximum angles are all interrelated - change one and you need to change all the others! This test Porsche is overly springy to illustrate the basic concepts at work especially the load transfer forward to back. Needs more work on rest to action transition period, too! To change the car simply bring the new car and wheels into the chassis node and swap out, make sure to transform chassis geo to fit. Change path, collision ground as you see fit.... car_rig_bullet_julian.hip
  26. 4k - I can't upload a hip at the moment. I've resorted to a lot of comp trickery and some brute force to get this one out the door. I'll try and make a sample scene next week.
  27. volumetric through glass

Thanks Tomas
  1. Load more activity