All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Add color to existing color based on attribute?

lots of ways, but you can use for example Mix VOP in vops or lerp() function in VEX to mix colors by attribute (see example with both) vector color = chv("color"); v@Cd = lerp(v@Cd, color, f@eye); AddColorToExistingColor_fix.hipnc
  4. "Mud worms".Heightfields+SOP solver

This is awesome dude! Thanks for sharing!!!!
  5. Permission Denied?

I had this tonight also and felt silly. click on the button that says 'Main' in my screenshot. (probably says something dif on yours) and change it to Main Takes are great, just getting used to using them. MattB
  6. Vellum export alembic

Hello, thanks for the reply!, I finally found that the Split Node worked perfectly!
  7. egg explosion

There is not much lessons for it, but popfluids should be perfect for this.
  8. Vellum export alembic

To export separate meshes as alembic you want to check "build heirarchy from attribute" on the alembic rop. It will separate each packed primitive into separate objects based on the path attribute.
  9. In fact, I have yet to find a operator definition type that has the 'New Output' option unlocked??
  10. Nature fun

11. Pyro renders taking way too long

Jesus, please don't use deep shadow maps, unless you want to go retro 2001 style. Can we see a frame? Can you upload a single bgeo + your scene to have a look at? Volume limit of 1 means 1 bounce of indirect, which is already pretty expensive as Mantra kinda sucks in that regard (but guess what, almost all of them suck at volume bouncing, hello Arnold!), your volume light is doing a point cloud bake to simulate emissive illumination. So you don't want to be using it as well as doing a volume bounce too. I would steer clear of using volume limit (volume bouncing) completely in Mantra, it is just too slow to be usable unless the shot really calls for it. Use PBR mode, your env hdr, and a volume light.
  12. Hi! I create these mountains on my shape with a noise by getting that noise to affect the @P.y attribute. Of course the mountains are thinner when my shape goes more steep, because the points distributed through the Z axis are more dense there. To resolve this I thought I should use a different Pos for the noise, so I created a grid and put it in the second input. But when I use getattrib(P) on that input and plug it into the noise, I don't get the expected results. (It seems to do nothing much) Is it that you can't use differents Noise pos' like this? Does the topology have to match with the geometry or something? How does this work, exactly? How would one go about distributing the noise position along the Z-Axis? So that you have just as thick mountains everywhere, no matter how steep? Hope you can help me. Thanks.
  13. Nature fun

14. Vellum export alembic

Anyone? I'm pretty sure I'm super easy for you guys, and it will help to understand some very basic moves, thanks
  15. As the title says, when I create a new Material VOP asset the 'New Output' option in the Type Properties is greyed out. If I define export variables inside my surface shader code the 'Shader Call Export Variables' VOP will not bind them. Assigning values to eg. Cf directly in the VEX Surface code does nothing. How could I output eg. a vector from a Material VOP Asset?
  16. Yesterday
  17. egg explosion

Hey guys, I was having a little trouble with my fluid explosion. I want it to be very similar to this but I'm having a few problems. Tell me please, where i can find lessons on this. Egg explosion.mp4
  18. Nature fun

19. Animate it by hand. there are three basic types of expression based animation between two frame values, mix and match as you like: //linear: float tx = fit($FF,1,10,2,21); //exponential: float tx = fit01(pow(fit($FF,1,10,0,1),3),2,21); //smooth: tx = fit01(lerp(1,10,$FF),2,21);
  20. Vex anoise

21. Nature fun

22. Nature fun

23. Vex anoise

That looks like it should work. But... I find VEX a little tricky with multiplying vectors by floats. It doesn't like to do that right after a function. I suggest assigning the noise to the variable and then in another line multiplying the vector by your float amp. Like: float amp = 4; vector noise1 = anoise(v@P); noise1 *= amp
  24. Someone answer me on the Redshift forum. There is a "redshift_instancefileSOP1" that do exactly that: enable to view the proxy in the viewport. I was not aware of that node.
  25. Vex anoise

Hi guys I can't understood how does work a vex anoise. Is it a bug or my mistake. At the picture a simple code with result. Noise added just to first component of the vector. Usually Im work in vop but sometimes need write in vex and there another result https://imgur.com/YU2stZN
  26. Vellum export alembic

Well, I succeeded one time, but since then I can't reproduce what I did, could someone please take a look at the hip file and tell me how to separate object while exporting as alembic, test_alembic.hip
  27. VOPs - output to @P.y.

Nice! Thanks u both.
  28. Vellum cloth preset settings

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/h17-vellum-cloth-lookdev-tips/ Silk, Denim and Leather
  1. Load more activity