All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. play with this (maybe it's this that you want) Houdini 16 noise.hipnc
  3. post .hip file and someone gonna Play on Cd some noise. Just please post your file
  4. Nature fun

Birdy DODO L-system
  5. Today
  6. Hi, I need to feed Cd with a noise that will stick to the surface of an imported animated character (fbx or alembic). Thanks for helping!
  7. Toms "Learning Houdini" Gallery

@Thomas Helzle ok Thanx
  8. For the align topicsmay be you may check this video from entagma : TD Essentials: Parallel Transport. https://vimeo.com/251091418
  9. Toms "Learning Houdini" Gallery

Hahahah - funny. Just checked your thread and it seems we indeed had some similar ideas. :-) I don't share files of released artwork, but if you need help implementing the audio import code I linked to in my post, I'm happy to help. Although be warned: as I wrote it was my first ever python code, only works for 24Bit/48KHz wave files and it turned out quite slow being singlethreaded. I never liked chops so thought I should at least give it a try - and at least it was simpler than the C++ API... ;-) Still looking for a good OpenCL FFT, all I found on the web was embedded in C++ and I'm not good enough a programmer to extract it... I'm travelling right now but I can get back to you next week if you want. Cheers, Tom
  10. Hey everybody, some weeks I made a simple cave builder and it worked great. But since I only used round circles, it was quite simple. Now I want to create something similar, but with a flat ground, I attached an image what I mean. Actually, I want to align the shape along the TangentU what works perfect, but at the same time on the Y-Axis so that the floor is correct. The other thing is, that it makes no sense when the tunnel has a very steep angel, that ther is a floor - so there I want it based on the angel to become from the floor shape to a round shape. Is it possible, to controll that somehow with a ramp? Thanks alot and happy easter, sant0s
  11. Nature fun

12. Nature fun

Homecoming
  13. Toms "Learning Houdini" Gallery

ojjj i see someone (inspirationeee) niceeeeeeeeeee can you share some hip.. mmm i see that you got insp from my sharing ..can you share your on audio Wave please <3 or i asking for to much ...
  14. Houdini 18 Wishlist

Improve hou.Handle class so it can be used to get\set handle orientation\position
  15. Toms "Learning Houdini" Gallery

Organics: "Seed" Organics: "Bud" Organics: "Leaf" These were all rendered in Redshift at very high resolutions (10800 square/14400x9600) for printing: https://www.artstation.com/thomashelzle/prints Love it! :-) Cheers, Tom
  16. Zdepth - Extract

Thank you for helping after 13 years
  17. VEX Function Source Code

Thanks, that's good to know.
  18. Fill Selection

thanks for sharing !
  19. Yesterday
  20. Nature fun

This is some awesome stuff Tesan, thanks for sharing!
  21. Issue with playback simulation on low ram (32gb) pc

fair enough that was just my guess at why it was playing up
  22. Issue with playback simulation on low ram (32gb) pc

32 gigs should not be a problem
  23. Issue with playback simulation on low ram (32gb) pc

Hi thanks for the quick reply My issue is that when I do cache out my sim as a bgeo.sc, it only caches out the first frame I load So if I first view my scene on frame 1030 and then cache out the sequence, it will save out many copies of frame 1030 I know the data is there though as when I just playback the .sim with a file sop then the whole sequence is there, the issue lies in the playback simulation feature. Thanks:)
  24. I want to get the distance of the radius of a circle to a primitive then apply it back to the circle radius. I'm using the pointDist expression to get a primitive on one mesh, followed by the point on the circle then dividing that based on the channel reference of another circle, but the expression is not evaluating ? ch("../circle1/radx")/pointdist("/obj/file1/polyextrude2/",10,"/obj/file1/circle3/",0,2)
  25. thickness to object ?

ok
  26. Calculator a Parabola Curve

Currently the id=1, although using all the points on the curve won't fit well, I understand; but then you mention, I can use a specific subset of points that I want to use and set the id for that subset to 1 (id=1); although the id is already set to an id=1 ? In using a subset, I can set the focus point although still maintain control of the curve if I don't use a subset; as it is currently ?
  27. Hello, I'm new to Houdini and fairly new to 3D modeling and FX fields as a whole. I'm wondering if have external texture maps like color maps, displacement maps, normal maps, etc, if I would be able to somehow apply these to a mesh in Houdini provided it has UV's. I searched a bit to find information on this , but all that I found had to do with created the texture maps within Houdini itself. Hope this isn't too simple of a question!
  28. VEX Function Source Code

As I believe this is built-in function so you can't see implementation of it. For many other noise related stuff, take a look into $HFS/houdini/vex/include. In particular gNoise.h might be interesting for you.
  1. Load more activity