All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Weird, after fiddling around and not getting anywhere. I went ahead and recreated my DOP network. And now it works! No idea why:
  3. Hi Adrian, thanks so much for your help and for uploading an example file. I've been through your setup, made a couple of changes and it's looking much better than my original file. I've added in some nodes that convert the blue VDB to an SDF, dilate it, then convert it back to a fog VDB (inspired by your idea to add in the peak SOP). This makes the colour extend beyond the density which helps get rid of the pink fuzzy edges. I had to uncheck 'fill'interior' on the new VDB you added because I need consistent colour throughout the volume as opposed to a falloff. I'll work on applying this setup to a more complex model, still open to ideas so I can continue to improve my method. Thank you!
  4. Enforce Prototypes @ptnum

Here is an example file of using @ptnum to source a point attribute that errors out when enforce Prototype is on. int id = point(0,"id",@ptnum); setpointattrib(0,"Cd", @ptnum,id); Upstream of that I have an attribute create that does a basic. i@id=@ptnum; ptnum.hip
  5. Hi Sean-R, Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the result is still the same. I added s@constraint_type = "all"; it to my attribute wrangle: And I can see the attributes in the spreadsheet: And no luck:
  6. Freeze Flip Sim

POP Drag or POP Wrangle where you multiply v@v down as you please (using some mask attribute or some ramp based on age, time, etc...) should work
  7. Looks like you're missing the constraint_type attribute. Try this in a primitive wrangle: s@constraint_type = "all";
  8. ahh yes. That`s what I thought. looks weird not plugged in but maybe that works as well
  9. @cudarsjanis @Gorrod Thanks for the response! Plugging the @P attribute into pcopen did the trick. Have a great day ahead!
  10. UE4 Separate Material in One Mesh

Hello guys, I am working on the procedural building for Unreal Engine 4 and I am stuck on the material because hda doesn't separate the material even though the mesh is separated already from maya already. So I used for each loop and name expression (on unreal material node string) to generate the material slot for now, but it doesn't add the material slot if there is no material file on the string path and I need to add material everytime I add additional mesh on hda file. I could just add multiple sop, but it is not gonna help me to create the procedural building and I feel bad that I couldn't find a way to separate the material easily like maya does. Is there anyway to separate materials in one mesh in procedural way for ue4?
  11. You have not plugged in your @P attribute into the pcopen. Fix that and you're good to go. The VOPSOP might bind the position automatically if not done manually.
  12. Hi again; Problem solved when I disabled "Integrate Velocity" and " Integrate Positions" in "Update" tab of "popsolver".
  13. Hi "p2or", I need that pop solver for some purposes ...
  14. Shade volume attribute based on Volume Size

of course it removes them, because they are volume related intrinsic attributes. But if you see them, there's no need to convert to polys anyway. Just use them in your shader
  15. Shade volume attribute based on Volume Size

Yes. Although converting it to polygons from an SDF removes all the intrinsic measure* attributes.
  16. Shade volume attribute based on Volume Size

can't upload files and i usually work straight with VDBs but let's assume 1) you have a sphere -> isooffset Do you see the measured* intrinsics? (in H16.5 they are available) 2) convertvdb (to VDB, class Fog to SDF) 3) convertvdb (to Polygons) 4) from there all the measure and sum stuff (measure + attribpromote SOP) will check this evening if I can see intrinsics after 1) in H17
  17. Advection of a POP sim using wobbly geo for bubbles works nicely. It took a little figgerin' for me to translate the online stuff I found (which all seemed to be pyro- or volume-source-based, and from a couple of versions ago) to FLIP velocities in the nigh-current version (using v17), but I have them going now. Haven't figured out how to make them act like bubbles when they reach the top yet, but I'm thinking I can get away with a heavy POP drag right at the surface, given the camera angle. I'm using the fluid surface as a boolean to take care of those bubbles that want to fly into space or those emitted in the cone of non-water behind the diver. Thanks so much!
  18. Shade volume attribute based on Volume Size

VolumeSDF SOP is what you mean by converting your volume to SDF, you can convert an SDF to polygons, I thought only if it's a VDB ? I don't have a previous version of Houdini installed, if you can verify if they removed the intrinsic attributes ?
  19. Shade volume attribute based on Volume Size

don't have H17 at hand but since volumeRasterizeAttribute uses volumeRasterizeParticles internally and at least in H16.5 volumeRasterizeParticles has those intrinsics I don't know why they shouldn't be available to you. I don't think SideFX removed them in 17, need to check later though edit: in any case, this is Houdini so there's a million way to do things. How about convert your volume (to SDF) to polygons, measure area, sum up area -> get some value that way
  20. Hi. I have an interesting problem I've been trying to solve for the last few days but still haven't managed to find a good solution. I have a sequence of geo which has been captured with a depth sensor. One of the issues with the sequence is that the point numbers change positions every frame. Whilst there is a rough order to the point numbering per frame, its not very consistent. I'm wondering if there would be a way to homogenise the layout of the point numbers by reordering, or to somehow re-mesh the geometry sequence to create a new version with more of an ordered structure? I've attached a short bgeo sequence as a sample if anybody would be interested in having a look. Thanks for any advice VolumetricTest.rar
  21. Hard to tell without the .hip But could be something to do with Search radius in pcopen maybe?
  22. Shade volume attribute based on Volume Size

@3dome Yes, those intrinsic attributes are what I need; but, how do I access them if they are not available, since I created my volume with the volumeRasterizeAttribute SOP ?
  23. Hi, I'm trying to follow an old tutorial but I am having a problem where the author used the old VOPSOP and I'm using the attribute VOP. The main problem is in the display of colors. You can see an illustration of the problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u9irdhbbodxm3b/hou004_vopsop_attribvop_color.jpg?dl=0 You can also check the illustration file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsiyitkn4kn2vvi/hou004_vopsop_attribvop_color.hipnc?dl=0 Is there a way around this? Thank you for looking at my problem.
  24. Hi there! I've tried to wrap my head around why this isnt working. Would like some eyes on it as it's not clear as to what I am doing wrong. Following a destruction tutorial and noticing my glue constraints are not showing up. Here is my packed fragments with proper names on the points: Next step I unpacked, promoted the names from point to primitive and I can see the constraints with correct primitive attributes: In my Dop network, I have the Constraint Network pointing to the correct sop path and insterted the correct data name on the Glue Network Relationship node. I see a warning saying "Required data Glue not found or the wrong type": Any ideas? I am using Houdini 17.5 Thanks!
  25. Found the solution. It need to be made with python tuple in a python sop.
  26. Enforce Prototypes @ptnum

Not sure if I understand you correctly but this works: https://github.com/jtomori/vex_tutorial#enforce-prototypes So with Enforce Prototypes turned on, basically: int @ptnum; vector @Cd; @Cd = @ptnum;
  1. Load more activity