All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Good evening everyone! One problem PolyBevel does not work. Can someone tell me? I can’t get a smooth bevel around the edge. See here that I uploaded a GIF video and also a HIP project. polybevel_voronoi.hip
  3. Vellum Constraint Attributes, what do they all do?

Thanks a lot Johner, That was really helpful!
  4. For Each problèm in Houdini 17

Hi @6ril The easiest way would be to create the attribute value when you create the groups. Otherwise I found a way using Python to do it afterwards it's less ideal but should still work. example.hip
  5. lookat Vex function

Thanks that's clear now. I will try on an elf head and see it works too.
  6. Today
  7. FOR EACH LOOP metadata

Thanks, but, I have this "Feedback each iteration" but it output all generations...
  8. Camera Projection from Moving camera

Hi there, I have been scratching my head about how to project a texture form a moving camera that gradually reveals the footage onto a deforming. Everyting good and easy if the camera is still, but the problem arises becasue this particluar shot has a long back dolly close to the ground so i guess i would need to project all the frames of the said plate onto it. In other words, in frame number 1 you can not see some part of the plate that you can see in frame number 100. How would i need to approach this problem? Mny Thanks Frankie
  9. lookat Vex function

Hi Antoine, the lookat() function is mainly there to make pigheads stare at spheres. But it might also work on lines ; ) vector pos_target = point(1, 'P', 0); vector pos_geo = getbbox_center(0); matrix3 rot = lookat(pos_geo, pos_target); v@P -= pos_geo; v@P *= rot; v@P += pos_geo; lookat.hipnc
  10. FOR EACH LOOP metadata

use Feedback mode in Block End / Gather mode. That way, you only output the last generation.
  11. Advice for making paint flow down a wall

Same I need help with this as well, somehow the liquid is just too thick and I couldn't control it no matter what attribute I adjust.
  12. Большое спасибо, работает!
  13. lookat Vex function

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/vex/functions/lookat.html Computes a rotation matrix or angles to orient the z-axis along the vector (to-from) under the transformation. matrix3 lookat(vector from, vector to) matrix3 lookat(vector from, vector to, float roll) matrix3 lookat(vector from, vector to, vector up) Can you explain me how to use this function to have a line along the z axis, anywhere is space, point to another point in space ? I don't understand what the from and to vector are.
  14. Audio channel to controll motion from MotionFX.

Ah thanks Ikoon. I was afraid I couldn't just pick a frequency for just the drums and voice. Thanks for detailed explanation. I noticed that MOPs actually uses the COPS nods and such. Just installed it, did a small tutorial about it. MOPS seems to give a better overview on the controls from CHOP. So this might work Probably will dive into sonicvisualiser later Thanks again Ikoon t
  15. And a comparison of "Polyreduce" SOP vs "GameDev Dissolve Flat Edges" SOP :
  16. You may try the MOPs Audio Falloff: https://vimeo.com/273252739 Or you may dive into CHOPs, and use Band EQ Chop https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/chop/band.html and then, on equalized spectrum, try to use the Trigger Chop https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/chop/trigger.html
  17. Hi Marco. Unfortunately, for example, one tone of piano contains many frequencies, not just the fundamental one. You can see that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xjD6SRY8Pg Drums are even "worse", they contain many frequencies: (source: https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/synthesizing-drums-snare-drum) So, in the music, frequencies of instruments overlap. There are tools, which try to recreate MIDI from the Waveform (Ableton has "Audio to Midi". I have heard, that Melodyne should be even better). AFAIK, they use the spectrum analysis internally. You may try this free tool, to generate Spectrograms: https://sonicvisualiser.org Maybe there are new tools, which use Machine Learning to analyse the spectrum, and detect the instruments? I don't know. But you can see, that this subject is not that simple. For example, our brain can easily "read" the rhythm. But for computer, detecting the BPM is not so easy.
  18. Fortunately, I found a SOP called "GameDev Dissolve Flat Edges" that cleans up the mesh perfectly.
  19. Hi Masoud, now I checked also the Use Only Original Point Positions:
  20. Hi, You may try the PolyReduce SOP with these settings:
  21. My question about this button !

Is this like copying path from one network to another one?
  22. Hello; To clean up my models, I need a procedural way to remove unnecessary segments between flat primitives(edges) like image below: Any idea? thanks.
  23. Pro tips for flip meshing?

Hey guys, I have a little question regarding flip meshing. I'm trying to do some studies using the Particle Fluid Surface node for my final mesh, but I'm feeling something is a little bit off in my results Dunno if it's just the lack of refraction and shading, but my mesh seems a little blobby. I already tried to play with Voxel Scale, Influence Scale, and Droplet Scale, but in the end, it still a little blobby to me My flip sim is ok, good resolution, billions of particles and stuff. Any pro tips? PS: I've already tried the filtering options, masking, etc My mesh Same sim, but only points
  24. Issues with Allembics Exported to C4D

I think I may have found the issue (I don't know that I fully understand what happened) but I want to add my thoughts in case a future person finds this and needs a place to start to debug a similar issue. Somehow when I imported my allembic file I noticed that in the "animation" section of the object properties the default frame showed as 1.25 (the frame is greyed out but I thought that odd). It was as if somehow it was referencing a quarter frame and I know typically allembics came in with that "frame" settings greyed out (but set to 1F). So I set the speed of my animation to 125% (since 1.25/125% equals 1) and this solved my problem. It was as it every 3-4 frames c4d didn't have animation data to read (or just read the data from the previous frame) causing that pause. Just changing the speed of my animation solved the issue. Its important to note that it needed to be 125 exactly (in my case) as I randomly tried 101% speed just to see if it needed to be any speed except 100 and as expected that didn't work. So while I don't have the complete answer there does seem to be some mathematical logic behind the issue I was seeing. Speeding up the animation solved it. Though I exported at 24fps into a c4d project that was at 24fps, there may be something related to me using the retime sop in houdini to slow down my animation. I'll post if I get some time to investigate further in case its helpful to somebody else. At least I was able to get the animation working smoothly in C4D, but certainly i'm open to any thoughts that might help me better understand what i'm doing wrong to cause this so I can avoid it entirely in the future.
  25. I was wondering if anybody has had the issue when exporting an allembic (.abc) file of a fluid simulation from Houdini into Cinema 4D where every 3-4 frames the allembic animation would stop moving in C4D and then resume as normal the next frame? And if so, how did you resolve it? My frame rates match in both Houdini (24fps) and exported at 24fps and in C4D (project also at 24fps). The did use a "retime" sop to slow down the animation in Houdini but that shouldn't affect anything. The animation plays smoothly with no "stutters" (1 frame pauses every 3-4 frames to be precise) in Houdini and the issue only shows up in C4D. Just to make sure there wasn't something weird going on in the project I was working on I restarted c4d and opened a new project where all I had was an imported allembic and the same issue occurred. Any thoughts on what might be the issue?
  1. Load more activity