All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. house collapsing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40Ypt-ipxQ Here are showed at least one of the methods to control the fracturing. The important part is the grouping of constraints in the SOP solver. In the primitive wrangle you can use whatever you want. In your case probably you want to set @group_broken=1
  3. Today
  4. house collapsing

thanks but i just want to delete column constraint because i want some big pieces for box. it doesn't look accurate.Please can you take a look my setup. I am not sure it is correct. maybe i need some vex expressions test_2.hipnc
  5. Permission issue

The problem was in houdini.env, try to modify it above all HOUDINI_PATH
  6. Permission issue

I've been having the same issue. Still haven't found a solution. Have you had any luck?
  7. Hi there! You could hide the parameter label in your integer parameter and add a label parameter and set your long label name in the Column Labels (Label1) and hide the Main Label of the label parameter. Hope it helps -J
  8. Redshift materials coming out black for houdini

What in gods name. Thank you for your time.
  9. hi, the particle shape from other DCC tool with alembic file format, the alembic do not have velocity data. particles count changed frame by frame (has life-span, are delete by age), connectivity class id is changed frame by frame, thus, i cannot track the velocity. Alembic(delay_load?) -> Connectivity ->Trail(recompute_velocity) do you have any way fo this case? thanks
  10. is working just fine here with texture and without. 2.6.42
  11. Redshift materials coming out black for houdini

The texture was an arbitrary image on my computer, adding a UV texture Sop doesn't fix it.
  12. you didn't post the texture so I can't test it but if you add a UV Texture SOP, probably will solve your issue.
  13. I've been researching this topic for some time and can not find any valuable information. I have a character with a skeleton and blend shapes. This character have multiple animations ether on Takes or in multiple files (with HDAs). I can not find any reasonable way to bring this animation to Unity. Making all animations in one timeline and splitting it in Unity or exporting multiple FBXes with the same mesh sound absurd to me. Can anyone recommend a proper workflow?
  14. Redshift materials coming out black for houdini

Of course, sorry. wasn't thinking Cube Material.hipnc
  15. Yesterday
  16. house collapsing

This video has everything you need to know to achieve that effect. If you jump to around 46:30 he demonstrates overriding rigid body activation with constraints. https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/h13-masterclass-bullet/
  17. python panel pyside2 dropevent

Yes, unfortunately, d&d in Python panels is very buggy. over the course of several years, I've seen all sorts of issues including this. First, make sure in your dragEnterEvent you store the mime data somewhere and then the next time you enter the widget, check if such data exists and reject the event if it does. See if it works for you, you might need to do the same trick with the dropEvent
  18. I forgot about TOPS, I'll try to explore that option. Thanks @LaidlawFX!! Great answer.
  19. You have two main ROP options. Make a subnet and use the Scripts python module. Make a shell rop and use the shell or post script commands to run an external file. The third for fun option is to do it in TOPs. This is probably better designed for what you want to do and it comes complete with tons of python control. Just not a lot of internet wisdom yet when you get stuck. Plus not direct Redshift control so you need to use the ROP Fetch node, which has not been too painful converting all the old setups too.
  20. Kiryha's advice is pretty good. But this one: est imparable. Une fois que tu seras dans le circuit du travail, tu n’aura plus vraiment le temps pour faire un vrai bon movie qui défonce (autre chose que des bout a bout de tests divers), a mettre dans ta demo reel, et du coup tu risque de mettre beaauucoup plus longtemps a obtenir le job de tes reves.
  21. house collapsing

Thanks Joe for your reply. i have basic setup and i just want to break half of box like collapse. There are strong and weak glue cons. i want to start to break from column before half box collapsing test.hipnc
  22. HQueue Substep caching of geometry NOT WORKING

Naah... Have lots of VDB and GEO caches so have to do it in HQueue only. Youre suggesting on HQueue right??? Also It's not DOPs so $SF doesnt fly.
  23. If you drop school, you will lose the money you already spent. If you need to spend muuuch more then you already played to get the diploma it could be an option though. Take into account: - the knowledge you are getting in school is valuable not only because you get some particular tricks in certain software, but more because you get a high-level overview of the industry processes. The soft and tricks are changes very fast, workflows and math not. - you never know how your life may turn, the skills you considering redundant may become super useful. - you can learn what you miss by yourself, there is no school which meets your current desires 100% - the diploma also has value in addition to knowledge, it would be much more easy to get a job offer. If I were you, I would definitely finish school. And work very hard to produce astonishing grade movie with lots of FX to use it as a demo reel to get your dream job.
  24. house collapsing

There's a lot more to it than just using metaball force. What aspects in particular are you trying emulate? If you just want to know how to initialize forces in the simulation, it all comes down to "v" on the points. Which can be controlled in all sorts of ways.
  25. HQueue Substep caching of geometry NOT WORKING

Another option if you must cache it out at the SOP level for some reason is to use a Time Shift SOP, cache it out, then shift it back. The frames would still be integers but they'd be whatever fraction of the actual time.
  26. HQueue Substep caching of geometry NOT WORKING

You can do $SF in the DOP. Don't cache it out at the SOP level.
  27. Hi guys - I have a simple setup where I used a restblendnode in vellum to source a new vellum rest. Now i need this restblend based on the Cd attribute. I dont get it working.... :-( I attached my file. Could someone help? rest_blend_cd.hiplc
  28. Hi gents, I have been having trouble figuring this out; so I have 2 ways of deleting children of a subnet/object network with python and they both work in H17.0.352 but I am getting the following errors in H17.5.285: For 'destroy' within a loop: Error Python error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 17, in File "", line 14, in destroy_geo File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.285/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion\ui.py", line 850, in decorator return func(*args, **kwargs) File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.285/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 9715, in destroy return _hou.Node_destroy(*args) OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed. Cannot delete nodes while cooking For 'deleteItems': Python error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 13, in File "", line 8, in clean_stale_geometry File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.285/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 9125, in deleteItems return _hou.Node_deleteItems(*args) OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed. Cannot delete nodes while cooking Here is the script and the hip folder: #Destroy node = hou.pwd() geo = hou.node('/obj/' + str(node.parent())) objimport = hou.node('/obj/' + str(node.parent()) + '/IMPORT_GLTF') def list_geometry_imports( subnet ): list = [] for n in subnet.allSubChildren(): list.append(n) return list def destroy_geo(list): for n in list: n.destroy() destroy_geo(list_geometry_imports(objimport)) #DeleteItems node = hou.pwd() geo = hou.node('/obj/' + str(node.parent())) objimport = hou.node('/obj/' + str(node.parent()) + '/IMPORT_GLTF') def clean_stale_geometry( subnet ): #print '\t' + str(subnet.children()) subnet.deleteItems( subnet.children() ) clean_stale_geometry(objimport) I need a fresh pair of eyes; please let me know if you have any ideas about why this is not working in 17.5. I didn't had much luck with the interweb... Thank you, Berk. python_deleteItems_test.hip
  1. Load more activity