All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. I have a simple setup with rbd packed objects falling into a flip fluid. Maybe my solver order is wrong but when the objects hit the flip fluid the liquid explodes with so much force.. Ive uploaded my file. How do I make it so the the objects hit the liquid in a natural way and sink to the bottom. Also, Ive been noticing some other issue, the more packed objects are emitted over time, the flip fluid starts spawning extra random particles out of thin air? Thanks! melt_v03_11.hip
  4. Multiple objects (individually editable) on a curve

I found a solution ExampleSpiral.hip
  5. Hi everyone, Currently i'm running into an issue where my constraints aren't breaking. I spend a while on figuring out why it doesn't work and I still don't have a clue what i'm doing wrong. My setup at the moment is that I have one curve with 3 constraints 1 hard constraint to keep the wire in place. 1 spring constraint that is pulling the wire down (This is a placeholder for collisions later on. It's just there to apply a force for testing). 1 spring constraint without a strength to measure the angle between the tip and a point somewhere on the curve The thing is, when i put them all in one constraint network and break them based on the angle, nothing happens and i couldn't figure out why. But when i put the spring constraint that is pulling the curve, into another network the breaking works! Is there anybody who can explain why this is happening? Why wouldn't it break with all the constraints in 1 network? Is it because i pinned one of the points of that constraint to a wold position instead of a point on the simulation geometry? That's the only thing i can think if that is different than the other constraints. Thanks! break_constraint.hipnc
  6. on Group Promote check Include Only Elements Entirely Contained in Original Group but you can directly select border edges in a single Group Create node set it to Edges, uncheck Base Group, check Include By Edges and Unshared Edges
  7. Just handed in my last university piece and I've created a showreel with all of my work for the past year. Feed back would be really nice thank you. Showreel: VJ loops created for my dissertation: https://vimeo.com/338014461
  8. Hi, Was wondering how this is done. When I promote the group to edges it also includes edges outside the outside. Thanks for your help.
  9. Hello, I'm trying to duplicate objects (spirals) along a curve. I created two for-each cycles: 1- to move objects along curve 2- to duplicate object parameters. The first cycle is correct, but the second cycle does not work properly. I can't understand how to give the possibility to modify the individual parameters of the spirals (radius, loop, height, etc.) for each object created. Can someone help me? In the Edit Operator Type Properties I added a Multiparam Block (list) with: Position on curve (for first for-each) and Height (for second for-each).At the moment when I add for example two spirals only a heigh value works, modifying both spirals and not the specific one. ExampleSpiral.hip ExampleSpiral.hda
  10. How to resume a Flip simulation

To anyone having the same problem (when houdini tries to cook again after cached sim). Remeber to disable simulation by clicking small icon on the bottom right corner of the houdini interface. Looks like brain Then Houdini will show you only cached files without simulating anything. Have a good one.
  11. Thanks. I'm gonna buy a heightfield/terrain course then, seems worthy. Would still like to know if you or anyone else found out how you can get rid of these spikes. Thanks again.
  12. stitching cloth

Hi Atom, the video is unavailable, and also is it possible to do stitching over time of the same object in Vellum?
  13. OBJ transform to SOP lvl

well, why not just linking the coords with expressions (and disable the node)
  14. Growing surfaces

Hi all! My question is kinda simple but haven't found an answer yet. How can I achieve effect like this: This animated carbon fiber would be exactly the thing I'm looking for, but I know I should start just growing simpler stuff on the top of another surface. Any suggestion what tutorials I should watch? Thanks!
  15. bake agent for crowds

Did you find the answer?
  16. Simple RBD hanging

I finally found how. rivet. *edit* Nah... It doesn't transfer the rotations ... will explore a bit more, see if unpacking can help to feed the rivet with proper info *RE-edit* Worked with unpacking.
  17. OBJ transform to SOP lvl

Hi there, anybody how to do the OPPOSITE ? the opposite of the Freeze button : Can I transfer the transforms from SOP level to Object level ?
  18. Hello, I tried to create a rather simple scatter tool for Unity to test a few things. Most things work but I have a few questions. 1) Since I am importing all my scatter-objects in one object merge node differentiating between them is not easy. I worked thorugh this by checking connectivity but I feel like this is not the intended way. 2) I want to weight the scattering and added a couple of float-parameters to the hda (weight1, weight2, ...). I have not found a way to hide the parameters when they are not needed though. I added an int-parameter that checks "numobj" in the object merge node and tried to use this value as a way of hiding my weight-parameters but it did not work. Example: int-parameter foo = ch("merge_scatter_objects/numobj") weight5 -> hide when { foo <= 5} When I made foo invisible I had no way to check the value of it in Unity, when I made it visible it was only driven by the slider next to it. Any idea what I did wrong? 3) The object merge node allows me to group the points, but having an integer with values from 0 to n would be much easier to handle. Is there a way to convert groups with a syntax of group_0, group_1, group_2, ... to an int "group" with values 0, 1, 2, ...? The way it is right now I have to cut strings and do other really slow and inefficient operations. I also have not watched the 4 hourse of Jeff Wagner talking about HDA buiilding/HDA in Engine so maybe my questions get answered there... HDA and .hip-File attached: Scatterer_hda.hdanc Scatterer_hip.hipnc
  19. Discretize 2d shapes

Hi Antoine, to pixelate a curve put a grid on top of it and remove primitives by their distance to the curves surface before removing shared edges with the divide SOP. if(xyzdist(1, v@P) > 0.01) removeprim(0, @primnum, 1); gridify_curve.hipnc
  20. VDB From Primitive

Thanks guys you are geniuses. Tony I already had the points with the pscale on them thats where I was copying the sphere to! Did not know I could go straight to VDB from particles, neat one! Evan that one slipped by, would have saved a lot of headaches. Thanks for the help!
  21. Copy collision cd to geo

http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=The_solver_sop#Example:_Transfer_pop_colour_onto_geometry
  22. EDIT: Problem was an error in logic on my part.. Solution at end. Hello, On some frames I want to remove a point from a piece of geometry that has just one primitive. I can do this with a point wrangle and there are no problems. However as the project grew it made more sense to do this with a primitive wrangle instead. I rewrote the vex to serve primitives instead of points but now there is a problem: it seems like not all points are being considered in the frame after a point is removed. Points are created at one end of a line and move a little bit each frame towards the end of the line, then they're deleted once they've traveled the length of the line. Each point's @P attrib is set each frame with the same wrangle that might delete it if it reaches the end. When I use the prim wrangle (or a detail wrangle) instead of a point wrangle there's a noticeable stutter due to the lack of movement the frame after points are removed. The point that had just been created (which happens to be the same frame another point was removed) moves as much as it should, but the others do not. I have checked that there remains to be only one primitive. I'm at a loss.. Thanks for taking a look!! FYI I'm still pretty new to Houdini. Project file is attached and there are point and prim wrangles in the solver for comparison. SOLVED: I have another attrib @amt_cycle informing @P. When transferring to a prim wrangle instead of a point wrangle, I only removed the '@' symbol of @amt_cycle to turn the attrib into a regular variable in the code but I didn't recognize that the attribute was also being updated on that same line. To fix I just added a line for 'setpointattrib' to update the attrib. ptprimwrangles.hipnc
  23. Yesterday
  24. ok, a friend on the french houdini discord give me the response. The HScript command opextern -RM mat return a liste of all external references missing AND the name of the node who use them. -M Check each file to see if it exists, and only show the missing files. -R Recurse into networks and subnets.
  25. Houdini 18 Wishlist

integration of mutual interaction for rigid bodies with vellum
  26. Hello Would you know how to find out which materials contain missing textures? I have a fairly large file that I was provided with in which they lack a lot of textures. I get a message from the console telling me the path of the textures but no indication on which node used them in houdini. And there are some who seem to be well hiding the naughty ones:). The problem is that Mantra doesn't want to render. I just want to get ride of the material who call these textures Doing a manual search in each channel of each material is a pain in the ass In c4d there is the Manager texture which allows you to see all the textures, their sources, and to rename them, replace them etc... Will there be an equivalent in houdini? ( if yes I don't find him) How do you do in this kind of case?
  27. Hey everyone! If we have particles colliding with an object and bouncing off, we can transfer colour to the hit position. Once the particles have bounced off the object, the colour is also removed. How do we get the Cd to remain on the object once the particles have bounced off? Any idea would be great! thanks
  28. Sorry my bad, I am not the best at explaining what issues I am having. I added a hip file that mostly shows how my setup is made. I am instancing hundreds of trees and I figured that instancing the branches and set of leaves per branch would make sense. I forgot to mention that I pack both the branches and leaves together for animation purposes. After the animation I use a unpack sop and I am then left with the branch instances and leaf instances separated. I will try using stylesheets and see if I can get something going
  1. Load more activity