All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nature fun

3. Pyro renders taking way too long

Jesus, please don't use deep shadow maps, unless you want to go retro 2001 style. Can we see a frame? Can you upload a single bgeo + your scene to have a look at? Volume limit of 1 means 1 bounce of indirect, which is already pretty expensive as Mantra kinda sucks in that regard (but guess what, almost all of them suck at volume bouncing, hello Arnold!), your volume light is doing a point cloud bake to simulate emissive illumination. So you don't want to be using it as well as doing a volume bounce too. I would steer clear of using volume limit (volume bouncing) completely in Mantra, it is just too slow to be usable unless the shot really calls for it. Use PBR mode, your env hdr, and a volume light.
  4. Hi! I create these mountains on my shape with a noise by getting that noise to affect the @P.y attribute. Of course the mountains are thinner when my shape goes more steep, because the points distributed through the Z axis are more dense there. To resolve this I thought I should use a different Pos for the noise, so I created a grid and put it in the second input. But when I use getattrib(P) on that input and plug it into the noise, I don't get the expected results. (It seems to do nothing much) Is it that you can't use differents Noise pos' like this? Does the topology have to match with the geometry or something? How does this work, exactly? How would one go about distributing the noise position along the Z-Axis? So that you have just as thick mountains everywhere, no matter how steep? Hope you can help me. Thanks.
  5. Today
  6. Nature fun

7. Vellum export alembic

Anyone? I'm pretty sure I'm super easy for you guys, and it will help to understand some very basic moves, thanks
  8. As the title says, when I create a new Material VOP asset the 'New Output' option in the Type Properties is greyed out. If I define export variables inside my surface shader code the 'Shader Call Export Variables' VOP will not bind them. Assigning values to eg. Cf directly in the VEX Surface code does nothing. How could I output eg. a vector from a Material VOP Asset?
  9. Yesterday
  10. egg explosion

Hey guys, I was having a little trouble with my fluid explosion. I want it to be very similar to this but I'm having a few problems. Tell me please, where i can find lessons on this. Egg explosion.mp4
  11. Nature fun

12. Animate it by hand. there are three basic types of expression based animation between two frame values, mix and match as you like: //linear: float tx = fit($FF,1,10,2,21); //exponential: float tx = fit01(pow(fit($FF,1,10,0,1),3),2,21); //smooth: tx = fit01(lerp(1,10,$FF),2,21);
  13. Vex anoise

14. Nature fun

15. Nature fun

16. Vex anoise

That looks like it should work. But... I find VEX a little tricky with multiplying vectors by floats. It doesn't like to do that right after a function. I suggest assigning the noise to the variable and then in another line multiplying the vector by your float amp. Like: float amp = 4; vector noise1 = anoise(v@P); noise1 *= amp
  17. Someone answer me on the Redshift forum. There is a "redshift_instancefileSOP1" that do exactly that: enable to view the proxy in the viewport. I was not aware of that node.
  18. Vex anoise

Hi guys I can't understood how does work a vex anoise. Is it a bug or my mistake. At the picture a simple code with result. Noise added just to first component of the vector. Usually Im work in vop but sometimes need write in vex and there another result https://imgur.com/YU2stZN
  19. Vellum export alembic

Well, I succeeded one time, but since then I can't reproduce what I did, could someone please take a look at the hip file and tell me how to separate object while exporting as alembic, test_alembic.hip
  20. VOPs - output to @P.y.

Nice! Thanks u both.
  21. Vellum cloth preset settings

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/h17-vellum-cloth-lookdev-tips/ Silk, Denim and Leather
  22. Building a beast Houdini + Redshift mainly

Guys! My new plan update after all the feedback: TR 2950x 2x2080ti (I'll upgrade later to 4) Motherboard ???? (I need something capable to plug 4x2080ti with space for the Air flow, can you recommend me something?) 128gb RAM (can you guys recommend something compatible? I read that the TRare capped in max speed) Any huge box recommendation? Thanks!!
  23. Hi everyone, I am building a scene with a lot of asset and it works great with Redshift proxy. But during development, I would like to be able to see the geometry of some pieces in the viewport. What kind of workflow would be good for that? My guess would be to saved to disk my pieces and load them with instancepath during the dev, and at the end switch to proxy for final rendering? Not sure if is the way to do it... Thanks!
  24. Hi guys, i would like to animate an object rotating 360° with some acceleration and slow down with weight.. Is there some fonctions or better to do all by hand. Thank you
  25. Constraints not breaking

I think i needed a good night of sleep to know what was going on. It makes sense now! It was because of the `overwrite with sop` attribute on the constraint network node. For the breaking part it shouldn't overwrite with the sop because I wanted to update them with the sopsolver. But for the pull constraint i wanted to overwrite with sop because that's where the animation was. Makes sense! I never gonna forget that anymore.
  26. OBJ transform to SOP lvl

I tried, couldn't get it to work. Finally I discovered that there's a node for that : RIVET.
  27. Vellum export alembic

Hello, I'm looking for a solution on how to export 2 vellum objects into alembic and differentiate them into cinema4d to apply materials? I found many similar threads here and there about groups and so, but no solution seems to work, I post the hip files if anyone interested to help, it's a simple test, K found a solution, thanks!
  28. Find materials of missing textures

Thanks for sharing, will definitely be useful to know.
  1. Load more activity