All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. question for pcopne() function

In your current scenario I think each point in your grid is doing a pointcloud lookup on the single point in input 2 and if it is in the radius will always only find 1 point. I think you need something like this which only does the point cloud lookup once in detail mode. Scott82N_detail.hipnc
  3. Rotate orthographic (top) view?

Hi, Space+2 - top view, Space+2 one more time - bottom view. The same behavior for the others shortcuts for set view.
  4. Today
  5. Yesterday
  6. Rendering Cola

Man vs Machine recently completed this project for Pepsi. I have been trying to render a similar look using a setup that involves adjusting adsorption in the materials and setting the IOR for the cola @ 1.33 and the bubbles @ 1.0 but I can never get anywhere close to this look. Does anyone know if this look can be achieved with Mantra? If so, can you offer some advice on how to achieve this look? Thanks in advance.
  7. Building a beast Houdini + Redshift mainly

I don't trust products from ASRock but otherwise I think that's a decent plan. I had a server board from ASRock die three times for the same reason. They replaced it twice under warranty and the third time it was out of warranty (replaced it with a different brand board). That was my first and last board from ASRock.
  8. Hi! Was wondering how I could flip my top view, so that Z is points in the opposite direction. Thank you.
  9. += in setpointattrib?

@Cd in detail mode will create Cd as detail attribute, so Cd point attribute that you are creating using setpointattrib() will always have priority in the viewport as its more granular, use addpointattrib() function to initialize Cd to certain default value if it doesn't exist yet, or just initialize it in a point wrangle before direct assignments to @Cd in point mode will be executed in parallel per point first then all setpointattrib() commands are queued afterwards as a single threaded operation as those can possibly affect any point, therefore even if in your code v@Cd = 0; is after setpointattrib() on @ptnum it will still be executed before
  10. Simple RBD hanging

Hey everyone ! I'm miserably failing at making a simple dynamic set up : / I'm trying to hang a RBD object at the end of a rope. I can't get it to work with wire solver and bullet. I've only managed to attach the rbd at then end of the rope, but the attached rbd isn't affecting the rope. And with vellum it works, but I don't want a soft body object. I tried with vellum, thinking I could stiffen the softbody until it looks like a rigid object, but vellum bugs with I reach high stiffness value ! And anyway, I don't know how to replace that softbody by my final object : / If someone could help me back on the correct track, that would be great attched is a hip file with my 2 failing attempts.6ril_RBD-hang++.hipnc
  11. Hi; I am curious about these things and can't find any help in ODFORCE website: Thanks.
  12. Hi, yes it is possible for geometry shape like grid after mountain sop that is not flat. As you've mentioned heightfield is a volume and you can use an attribfromvolume node to get height value and set this value to Y position of geometry points. height_to_geo.hipnc
  13. Hi again , I put these codes, but it's not working: $HIP/tex/Display_A_`clamp($F,1,130)`.jpg My file's name are: Display_A_0001.jpg Display_A_0002.jpg Display_A_0003.jpg ...
  14. Vellum - animated Pin to Target?

Using a SOP solver to generate the animated attributes... I am doing a similar thing, with pin to target but using @stretchstiffness / match animation to modulate the constraints. I have it working, but for the constraints to be working I have to remove the constraint every frame with a VCP node, and rebuild it, but match to animation doesn't work. If I kill the VCP remove then match to animation works but the animated constraints don't. Which kind of makes sense. I will crack it at some point! I take it the only reason you need compiled block is so the SOP solver can output both Geo & Constraints seperately? I am a bit confused, I thought the SOP solver would take both automatically and spit both out. I am guessing not as they are individual data streams. Any help appreciated. Hipfile included. untitled.mp4 PTA_matchAnimaitonFail.zip
  15. question for pcopne() function

Hi guys, i am new to vex , in this very simple example i have some questions about pcopen() , i would be appreciated if you helped me, vector origin = point(1,"P",0) // a single point has been connected to first input of the wrangle int amount = chi("amount"); int radius = chi("radius"); int handle = pcopen(0 ,"P",origin,radius,amount); if (pcnumfound(handle)>0) { @Cd = {1,0,0}; ; } as i know for the code above : we have a radius around an origin to search for amount of point(s) connected to 1st input of the wrangle , then if some points have been found the statement would run for those points when i am going to translate what i have mentioned in the line above , i can't understand what is happening below , int amount = chi("amount"); int radius = chi("radius"); int handle = pcopen(1 ,"P",@P,radius,amount); // a single points has been connceted to 2nd input if(pcnumfound(handle)>0) { @Cd = {1,0,0}; } when i look to geometry spreadsheet , @P is referring to 1st input and the number 1 in pcopen() is referring to 2nd input , we have the origin (center of point cloud) from 1st input which is @P , and we are connected the pcopen(0 to input to 2nd input of the wrangle, in result we have a point cloud which it's center is that external point , and the slide "amount" doesn't affects the number of points founded in the point cloud , i know i misunderstood something but i couldn't find it. the project file has been attached. Scott82N.hipnc
  16. 60% Off VexGuide Tool

Today Only: 60% Off VexGuide Tool Discount link : https://gum.co/GFKLc/56wn7jx
  17. += in setpointattrib?

Ah so I see: When you use ‘@ptnum’ in a point wrangle it does only colour the current point in the loop once, instead of on every point the particularly chosen point number 100 times. But still, when I play around with this now, there still arises questions. It never ends, does it? So “set” resets and overrides. And my suspicions were that when you use setpointattrib on @ptnum and “set” it is thus just the same as an usual @Cd = {x,x,x}; But apparently this isn’t. Why is the last “set” setpointattrib not overridden by @Cd = 0; ? With the previous code in detail mode, why doesn’t it retain the color black underneath the “add”s?
  18. MSI GL63 8SE laptop

I bought a few days for a MSI GL63 8SE laptop with a rtx 2060 card and any version of Houdini crash. The only versions that work are the QT ones. Any suggestions?
  19. Project points on geo

I tried this out and is giving me grid of scattered points but the only issue I'm getting are the point are a volume. Atom, are your points a volume as well or were you able to stick them them to the surface? I'm been trying to look through the help file at different nodes I could ues but haven't found anything yet. I also do have a question about the convert you are using, you have a note about remove polygon soup. Would that just be a convert to polygon because it's an alembic file? I'm coming from a max and maya background and a lot of these things I still learning how it all works in Houdini. I used the normal node but I couldn't really tell if it was doing anything, maybe just averaging all the normals? Just curious what you used it for. I did get a scattered volume even when disabling the convert and normal but I'm guessing theres a reason you used them both. I'm going to dig in again tomorrow and see what I come up with for sticking the points to the surface but if you got anymore pointers, I'd appreciate anything you got.
  20. Noise on ramp transition (edge)

Wow! Thanks so much! I will pick this apart, BIG thanks Velur!!
  21. Noise on ramp transition (edge)

noise_shift_001.hipnc
  22. Hello amazing Houdini people! I have been struggling with what i thought would be an easy thing to do. (It probably is but my brain cant figure it out) In the image below you can see a unified noise (static) being multiplied with ramp paramater. Output becomes then noised ramp. What i want to achieve is noise ONLY on the edge of the ramp. Kind of like growth. Any advice? Losing my mind here have been using fit and clamps but cant seem to do it. One thing to note is taht im not actually animating the ramp, im animating the UV coordinates.
  23. Last week
  24. Heightfield Remap SOP, set layer to mask, and set Output Min/Max to 1/0 or Heightfield Wrangle SOP @mask = 1-@mask; or @mask = fit01(@mask, 1, 0); or similar
  25. Hey guys, I'm making a smoke a sim of a person blowing out smoke (vape smoke) and when the smoke starts to dissipate and get's close to fully disappearing the resize fluid dynamic container just shrinks and clips that area entirely. Looks very jarring and obvious fake. I don't know why this is happening. It still happens when I increase my substeps to 3 so I don't think that's the issue. When it's at substeps 1 - the clipping still occurs but more smoothly (if that matters). I've attached my scene file and a flipbook of the crime. I'd really appreciate any help with this! Smoke_03_ForReddit.hip Pyro Clipping_For Reddit 2.mp4
  26. += in setpointattrib?

based on your code you probably want to use Attrib Wrangle in Detail mode instead of Point as you want your code to be executed just once and not per point, since you are not taking advantage of per point loop but setting values of the neighbours of 2 explicit points because setting color to 1,0,0 and then adding 0,1,0 repeated 100 times will still result just in 1,1,0 as "set" will reset the green value to 0 every time
  27. I can't find a heightfield node to invert a mask, any idea how to do that? if it's not in a node, can I do it with vex, something like mask=-mask? how would you write it? and is it in an heightfield wrangle?
  28. Hi, So I thought I should get to know height fields today, because I have modeled object on which I want to make a terrain with mountains. So far as I understand it height fields are not 'real'; they are just visualisations of height based on the values of voxels on a 2D volume (slice). Okay, but is it also possible to put these height fields onto a existing geometry that is not flat? Is height fields the way to go for something like that? Thanks for your help.
  1. Load more activity