Freelancers

ivan

let's see now, R&H just significantly downsized, Sony had huge layoffs, folks are juggling around like mad.

Post an ad on odforce and the mailing list for freelancers and how many people respond?

only one freelancer is currently available, and he lives on the east coast.

this is just too weird.

Hey Garman, go train us up an army! there's waaaaayyyy more work than artists!

no wonder there are no small houdini shops. I must be out of my mind. I should just switch to lightwave.

I've always wanted to know what kind of Houdini freelancers companies look for. FX animators? Lighters? Generalist?

the more you can the more value you have!

Ivan!

In my town (far, far away from hollywood) shops look for any artists (3d, comp, 2d, edit) many months with no succes. The market is growing, that's all. Though you're right. It recalls me a52 issue and perhaps others stories. The main problem with Houdini is lack of Houdini artists.

I would had respond you, really! But I'm 10K km away... ;)

A cool idea would be to have some type of icon (red or green light) on the left side of our post, close to the avatar, so just by lookng at the forum, people would know who's available (green) for freelance or hiring or who is not (red).

A cool idea would be to have some type of icon (red or green light) on the left side of our post, close to the avatar, so just by lookng at the forum, people would know who's available (green) for freelance or hiring or who is not (red).

I think it is a Very good idea.

yeha definetly a good idea.... or.. (a guy who's admining a CG forum here in Italy is also doing this here) a wiki page where a list of freelancers... or.. a more strong and organized Jobs/freelances page on Odforce/Sesi forum ....

that said i dont blame Ivan at the same time... since I guess Odforce is surely known to Houdiniers... strange just one replied...

yeah, I must say that I know nobody who's local that's looking for a job. There's always things happening in the industry where people are moving around, but they always seem to land somewhere pretty quickly.

As for the odforce job stuff... it's definitely and idea that's been floating around. We'll look into trying something that won't take too much time to implement.

M

yeah, I must say that I know nobody who's local that's looking for a job. There's always things happening in the industry where people are moving around, but they always seem to land somewhere pretty quickly.

As for the odforce job stuff... it's definitely and idea that's been floating around. We'll look into trying something that won't take too much time to implement.

M

Yes Marc a jobs section on odforce will be great.

The main reason we haven't put up a job board yet is because we have very few actual job postings come through here.

But do we not have many because there is no board? Which comes first ;).

Either way, we'll put one up soon and see how it goes.

M

The main reason we haven't put up a job board yet is because we have very few actual job postings come through here.

But do we not have many because there is no board? Which comes first ;).

Either way, we'll put one up soon and see how it goes.

M

Maybe if studios knows that there is a job section here they will post their jobs.