Feature request for 17 or 17+
1. A ISOLATE function on viewport, not at nodes... like XSI viewport Isolate function.
2. Make /img more featured to eliminate necessity of going nuke/natron/fusion to do basic/median composition things. (acutally comp in Houdini do only the very basic, but need improve.
3. Make /img network import live output from mantra to see results direct on framebufer output without needs save/reload from/to disk.
4. A some type of high performance sculpting editor, even open source Blender have it (and is very very good and fast indeed). (this is on same thinking of eliminate necessity of exit from houdini to do the basics). Sculpting in 2018 already can be considered BASICS.
5. Make a more correct HiDPI adjustment to interface. (even in .env granularity on scale, some thinks on interface not adapt, like splashscreen, viewport toolboxes , some menus editors, etc..)
6. Bring Save presets to 21 century, not overriding all parameters!
7. Make all nodes show all attributes/inputs/variables available. (actually only few nodes shows, forcing user manually enter attributes and need remembering whats available)
8. please document everything, so much "new nodes" without any documentation, just a short explanation is available. So many old nodes with new parameters have not updated documentation too. Including very important ones as FEM sutff.
9. A more easy way to create Shape animation, like XSI where proportional editing creates shapes automatically. (or something similar)
10. More intuitive way to create "XSI Link with/Maya Diven Keys" (maybe with a dedicated curve/link editor?)