Jump to content
[[Template core/front/profile/profileHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Cuenk89

  • Rank

Personal Information

  • Name

Recent Profile Visitors

1,432 profile views
  1. Does anyone here know the workflow between Unreal Engine 5 and Houdini via usd? Frontal_light_0 has Intensity (red) parameter unlinked, animated from Houdini, but I tried to add a key inside UE, and another intensity (white) appeared inside LightComponent0. How can I link Intensity parameter? In import usd dialog? I'm importing usd via File>Import into level. Is there any method I have to do in Houdini? I tried to copy-paste red keys into white keys, but I have 140 animated lights so it's not viable. (image from UE sequencer)
  2. Vertex color of packed geometry

    Hi, I tried adding color before packing in Packed Geo mode and works for me. I can share a simple test if doesn't work
  3. Karma hair

    Thanks, I will try
  4. Karma hair

    Hi all, I have a Karma hair question. I'm using Hair Shader and a hdri light plus area light. What parameters may I have to tweak to get rid of noise? Now I have those parameters: Pixel Samples 192 Min Ray Samples 1 Max Ray Samples 9 Light Sampling Quality 4 The rest as default I tried Pixel Samples 256 and Max Ray Samples 32 but rendertime escalates drastically, also rendered at higher resolution with lower samples. Is there any parameter I'm missing or any more optimized way? Thanks in advance
  5. Hi everyone, It is possible to animate a robotic arm with IK and limiting some rotate axis from each control? Thanks in advance!
  6. Problem with normal points as voronoi fracture parts

    Thanks kungFu for your reply, but this isn't what I want. It seems that attribwrangle deletes the normal attribute. I made a new file pretending to give an average normal to each piece using foreach subnetwork. It needs to refine some parameters... Test_particles_02.hip
  7. Hi all! I have a problem with point normal. In my scene I have a voronoi fractured object represented with one point per fracture. I simulate these points with POP sim, but I can't give a normal direction that follows an (alembic) animation (It's difficult to explain) I attatch two screenshots and the basic scene. Thanks in advance! Test_particles.hip
  8. RBD fractured plaster layer

    Thanks a lot for your time Atom! I have a couple of questions: -Why you use non packed object for mountain sphere? -Why you use convex hull for collider instead concave? Thanks again!
  9. RBD fractured plaster layer

    Hi again, it doesn't work on my model, still have interpenetration. I made another simplified example with a sphere and mountain deformer. Prova_04.hip
  10. RBD fractured plaster layer

    Thank you so much Mr. Atom! I tried with a setup like this but mysteriously didn't work... I tried with many systems and methods with bad results, (for example give a normal force to collider object). I will try it on statue model, I hope it will work. Thanks too for tips such as 1 substep is good, and use convex hull instead concave for fractured pieces.
  11. RBD fractured plaster layer

    Hi! I have a RBD question. I have a sculpture covered with a thin plaster layer, and this layer has to fall. I have a sculpture as a concave collider, and the plaster layer as a concave fractured object. The problem is, during the simulation, some plaster pieces interpenetrating the sculpture. In the initial state, the geometries (sculpture and plaster layer) don't overlap, but it seems that some plaster pieces don't respect the collision geometry. I tried to subdivide all and increase substeps until 10 without solution. Any ideas to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! PD: I attach a simplified example. Prova_01.hip
  12. FLIP/Grains interaction setup - hip file

    Hi, I made a setup for create wet sand, taking this simulation example. I share it to help anyone. Improvements are most welcome! Wet_grain_setup.hip
  13. I know, no problem, but it's a bit depressing to know that the way to make a good explosion is with 9 Tb of data. I thought that 80 gb was enough to do a homework explosion... and this doesn't even reach 1%
  14. The second video is insane, but the simulation data is about 9 Terabytes!! Mine is about 80 Gygabites.... and he have 48 gb of RAM, I have 16... Anyway I'm happy with my results at the moment, I learnt a lot. In the future I will have a best pc and more storage
  15. Finally I finished my project. I like the result but I can improve it (fire detail for example). I changed a lot of parameters, but I think the key is to change the frame rate, from 24 to 72, to get more realistic velocity. Nuke_explosion_final.hip