I'm struggling to solve what should perhaps be an easy problem;
- Release a fixed number of points with an animated point attribute, using POP's.
Here's what I'm trying to do;
- Take a packed object of fractured pieces.
- Pass it to POP's.
- Treat all objects as static as first.
- Then release each object using POP's, using an animated point attribute.
- Use transformpieces to animate the packed object.
I'm able to do this with the RBD solver, but it takes an incredibly long time. I don't need the accurate collisions of RBD, but really need the speed of doing this with POP's.
Below is a side-by-side scene showing the setup working if I animate the particles using @P, versus my setup that doesn't work because it relies on an animated attribute that doesn't get passed through to the points (because they are born on frame 1 and have fixed attributes).
Help really appreciated!