Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Donations

    0.00 CAD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

14 Good

About ejr32123

  • Rank
  • Birthday October 13

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Personal Information

  • Name
  • Location
  • Interests
    Effects animation.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,192 profile views
  1. disturbance when velocity

    thanks guys, I got it working already. I just needed to adjust the control range on the disturbance node.
  2. static gas turbulence?

    oh, can't you just set the pulse duration to 0? Try the same thing with fluid source node. hit use noise. You will see it start to move. Set pulse duration to 0 and it stops completely.
  3. static gas turbulence?

    Here is something that might help. Create a temperature field (or create a scalar field). Make it so the temperature field (or scalar field) dissipates. Set the temperature field (or scalar field) to be the control field of the turbulence. Set control influence to 1. If you are using temperature make sure to turn off buoyancy. After the temperature or your scalar field dissipates the turbulence will stop. That way there will always be more turbulence near the source and it will fade off.
  4. Swirl Pyro Equivalent

    one more : ) gas match field and analysis to create scalar field getting length of velocity. Use that as control field for disturbance and turbulence. that + what I did above gives this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13dfeWw2tefsNJ-NSSWJo9w3M9wQHsUEZ
  5. Swirl Pyro Equivalent

    still working on a good solution, but here is something else that I tried that works a bit better. I added gas vortex confinement,but kept the values low (around 1 - 2). I plugged that into a gas repeat solver. That seems to work much better than using confinement and turning up the scale. Also added more sub steps on the dopnet. That seems to just create a lot of small swirl. This isn't perfect buts its getting away from disturbance patterns https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UNp13Arv7sv7XiWhF82A5OTH_CWhTME1/view?usp=sharing
  6. You can manually open mplay on the screen you want then hit render > listen for renders
  7. You can also hit disconnect at the top right. Next flip books will open a new mplay.
  8. Houdini Pyro render issues

    I meant upload one frame as a vdb file or bgeo.sc so I could see if I could fix the problem. Or post file, which ever is easiest.
  9. disturbance when velocity

    isn't that just because the control field is temp by default, which dissipates? I switched the control field to velocity. I am still confused how to get this to work. I create a mask of areas with velocity, but in turn, the turbulence affects the very mask its using causing the turbulence to never stop.
  10. Houdini Pyro render issues

    @heydeun2 is there anyway you could post like a frame as a vdb or something?
  11. Swirl Pyro Equivalent

    I guess I'll keep updating my progress, here is where i am at now: I still have that pattern tho : ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Ow6igaLXkfRdotvpJkyNBvLtNO4qc29/view?usp=sharing
  12. Swirl Pyro Equivalent

    so I am slowly solving this : ) part of my trouble is I was using a gas wind. Using a fan force affecting only part of the velocity allows for better swirls. I still wish there was a better way to control swirl tho
  13. Swirl Pyro Equivalent

    I dont understand how you get such nice movement with pyro using disturbance or turbulence. I have tried all the micro solvers and they produce weird results too. Obviously I exaggerated the motion,but you can see none of them really seem to create a swirling motion like maya fluids. First photo is the patter disturbance creates, the second is turbulence and third is gas vortex equalizer. It seems easy (sometimes) to tell what software was used to create a simulation based off its look. Maya fluids has its look, fume has its look and now I notice pyros look. Look at all these sims, they don't have swirling motion like maya fluids, they have turbulent patterns instead. Either that or really small swirl from gas confinement. take a look at this album, you can tell what I am talking about by the pattern seen in these simulations. https://vimeo.com/album/5305665 It seems really hard to get motion like this: https://vimeo.com/141476011 only using disturbance any turbulance.
  14. target position for particles

    I mentioned in my first post I didnt like the results from pop steer seek : ( thanks though
  15. Pscale increase with age not working

    I had to re-upload, I realized I accidentally did the pscale in dops so the collision isnt right. I just made a new attribute scale in dops, then set pscale to = scale after dops : ) let me know if that helps PArticles4.hip