Hi... I have created a scene where ocean waves hit sand... Used the beach tank from Oceans tool shelf.
In order to accomplish the wetmap on sand I have taken the following steps:
1) Cached out the fluid surface cache
2) Scattered points on the fluid surface and added @wetness = 1 attribute
3) Used group bounding box delete to only keep the points near the shore
4) Scattered points on the sand surface and added @wetness = 0 attribute, points inherit UVs from sand
- note sand geo has UV textures applied on the diffuse and other channels. Y axis projection, scale = 15, 15, 15. Resolution 8K.
5) Created another geo and object merged from #2 and #4
6) In that geo created a solver that:
- copies wetness attribute from previous frame of the sand-scattered points onto current frame
- uses attribute transfer to transfer wetness from fluid particles
7) This works great... so I have points scattered on the fluid particles transfering wetness attribute to points scattered on the sand particles.
But how do I convert that into an animated map that I can load onto the original sand object?
How do I blend that map with existing textures?
- I have tried to follow a tutorial where author created a vopcop2 generator in img context and created the flow in VOP as per attached file
- But this is not really working well... (a) its very slow (b) I get a small something that doesn't seem to animate or read the exact details of the points.
Is there a better way do do this? One that might actually work?