Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Donations

    0.00 CAD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


anbt last won the day on January 12

anbt had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About anbt

  • Rank

Personal Information

  • Name
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

173 profile views
  1. but would you recommend Flip or Grains for what I am trying to achieve? What comes to mind as a difference is when I will render, the grain will look like grains and the Flip sim will look smoother.
  2. @Librarian cool thank you. Otherwise, do you think it would be possible to achieve the same effect with another kind of sim like Vellum grain?
  3. yes I was still seeing the geo. Thank you, I had found that settings and it fixed it
  4. a bit too much vex involved right now for me in this method I have to say!! Isn't it possible to achieve that kind of collision within a flip sim ?
  5. @Librarian haha, thanks Librarian, will check that out
  6. I have two flip sim coming from two different Dop volume source. I am using one fluid object. I would like them to collide but repel each other as if two tongues kissing. How can I achieve that? As always, thanks a lot
  7. All in the title. It's like there is a limit in how far I can see some stuff in the viewport. Not sure how to correct this thing. Cheers
  8. thinking of setting keyframes on the intensity/exposure I suppose
  9. I would like to have light 1 from frame 1 to 10 and light 2 starts at frame 11 for example. Cheers
  10. the point count changes. Ok, I'll try what you said. Thanks
  11. Hello, I have a velum sim where my object tears and split into 2 parts. I would like to slow down the animation. The problem is that when I re-sim with an adjusted scale time (on the dop parameter), my animation behaves differently. The motion is different. It is slower but the behaviour is different. I would like to keep the exact same behaviour/mption, just slower. I tried with the retime sop, it does what I wanted at first, but as soon as it reaches the moment where the tear happens, there is a glitch/artefact occurring due to I suppose a clash between a slower time and the same amount of substeps. Any way to get around that without re-siming at a lower speed? Thanks
  12. Hello, The handles on my redshift light are behaving weirdly. I can translate and rotate using the shortcut T and R from the scene viewer side tools, but the scale one (E) is missing and I get this message. I don't understand why it says the parameters are locked. it doesn't work when I click on the shortcut or on the tool itself. Any ideas? Cheers
  13. Hello all, I am having troubles with the way colours look between the color editor, the render preview, and the output. There is something I should know that I don't know yet. I heard about linear workflow but if I could have your tips on this, that would be great. First in the colour picker when I choose a color for a material (I am using Redshift, but I saw the same issue in Mantra), the color in the little square doesn't match the color I am sampling from an image. How should I set up this color picker: Linear/Raw/sRGB ?? Then that color taken with the colour picker doesn't look similar in the renderview. How should I set Redshift renderview ( Linear/Raw/sRGB/OCIO) ?? And in the Redshift ROP, is there something I should be aware of, something to tick? Are you using the settings in the render preview of RS, as far as I can tell, you can only render a frame from here, not the sequence. I have been looking online but most tutorials I saw don't talk much about this. I read that having everything linear is best apparently, as it works better for post editing, but when I set my color picker to Linear, my RS preview to linear, when I output my EXR, it looks dull (it looks like the sRGB of the RS renderview) Voila, any tips about your personal workflow for this would be amazing and if you know about a tutorial about this, please share Thank you very much
  14. Thanks a lot for your answer, I will look into what you did as soon as I can EDIT: Your little VOP network does bring much better results, I implemented it on something else and it works well. But I don't understand the logic (yet). I don't get why you do stress.r + stress.g - stress.b to get the correct result. Regarding your other method, with the attribute transfer, it doesn't work, and I have no idea why, I don't have any errors I see some colours, but it doesn't change according to the stretch, it stays identical. As you pointed out, perhaps it is because we don't have the same Houdini version. Hahaha, yes, the way I extract those stress values from the solver in the subnet is also a bit of a mystery to me, I went deep inside the velum solver where they compute the geometry visualisation and grabbed the nodes I needed, but I don't understand it all!