Product link: https://gum.co/KYCgR
1. The Modeler core has been completely rewritten. Performance, stability and UX are improved.
2. A hotkey system has been created. Hotkeys are now configured in a separate editor (Hotkeys shelf tool). The editor allows you to quickly configure keyboard and mouse shortcuts. Unlike other modeling programs, you can now associate any tool with any combination of keys or mouse actions. In a similar way, the mouse and keyboard are configured in Nevercenter Silo, but unlike Silo, there are no restrictions here. That is, you can assign absolutely any tool to the mouse. On the other hand, mouse tools such as interactive selection can also be assigned to keyboard shortcuts. Also, unlike the standard Houdini behavior in Modeler, you can use the additional two mouse keys X1 and X2 (Ctrl+X1, Shift+Ctrl+X2 etc).
The Hotkeys editor has two default mouse layouts:
1. Standard - that works just like DM and the previous Modeler version - LMB to select items and MMB to drag them
2. Pro - which allows us to select geometry components with RMB and drag with LMB. MMB used to select invisible items too.
3. The interactive state system (add-on for Python States) has been rewritten from scratch. Many tools have become more interactive and have the ability to customize the node in the viewport. In addition, you can quickly create custom interactive python tools for your own HDAs. The mouse wheel now works more universally. In many nodes, the wheel allows you to change the Uniform Scale parameter. List of nodes that now use state tools: Soft Boolean, Insert Mesh, QPrimitive, Array, Hose, Bevel, Extrude, Bridge, Set Flow, Smooth Points, Thickness, View Deform.
4. Retopology tools (Topo category) have been redesigned. TopoDraw tool (Alt+A) allows you to quickly draw poly patches on the reference geometry. It has an ability to snap to existing geometry. Topo mode (Alt+T) now packs the reference model. This speeds up the entire process of retopology with millions of faces. The Push tool now works in the Topo mode, which allows you to get the desired result even faster. In addition, the Push tool has improved performance and stability.
5. The Insert Mesh SOP was redone from scratch. It has interactive tuning, better performance, and more accurate results thanks to improved normals.
6. The Deform menu was merged with the Align menu and renamed to Transform Menu (Z).
7. The Relax tool renamed to Smooth. The tool is completely redesigned and takes advantage of Python States. Using the Smooth tool, you can smooth points or polygons in a standard way. On the other hand, the edges are smoothed as separate curves. Combined with interactive enhancements, the tool allows you to quickly fix messy areas.
8. Tools that create modeling nodes were removed from the Modeler shelf.
Only general tools are now on the shelf. Direct modeling tools are now called from the Modeler mode.
Added shelf tools: Delete Node, Merge Nodes, Stash History, Pack History, Clean History и Delete Attribs
9. Added a new tool Repeat Node Parms that allows you to apply settings from previously created nodes of the current tree
10. ToolsPanel (spacebar) renamed to Launcher. Launcher tools have been re-sorted and have a new Mouse section for interactive tools like selection or dragging
11. For Bevel, Bridge, Extrude and Smooth tools separate nodes were created
12. Bevel, Extrude, Inset, Smooth, Thickness hotkeys can work as sticky keys. That is, the call of a hotkey, for example, of the Extrude tool, leads to an instant change of the extrusion value before releasing the key.
13. Added Inset tool that uses Extrude SOP. In contrast to the Extrude tool, the first time you start Inset, you can change the inset with LMB.
14. The Lattice tool removed. It is now replaced by improved View 4 and View 9 (View Deform) from the Transform menu (Z)
15. Tools for a quick preview of the subdivided geometry were created: Preview Subdivide (Alt+1) и Preview Subdivide Wire (Alt+2). Standard viewport subdivision and instance subdivision (Symmetrize Tool) ar assigned to Alt+3 и Alt+4 respectivelly.
16. Select By Normals mode (6) allows you to select components based on normals
17. Local transformation tools have been added to the Transform menu: Local Move, Local Rotate и Local Scale
18. An Extend (Y) tool. This add-on to the Extrude tool allows you to quickly extrude edges and polygons using handles.
19. The Bridge Connected tool returned from the DM package
20. Slice, Clip and Mirror tools have the ability to set the initial origin based on points selection center
21. On the next call, the Delete tool changes the node so that it deletes unselected geometry.
22. The KitBash tool now offers to automatically create a KitBash panel if it is not created
23. Shift+Double Click can now replace the geometry of the current Insert Mesh SOP with the geometry from the KitBash panel
24. Combine and Boolean now offer to select nodes at the object level if the tool was launched inside the SOP container
25. Set Flow creates more accurate geometry in unusual situations.
26. Added a Point Weld tool (Alt+W) for interactive point stitching
27. The Soft Boolean SOP can be configured interactively. It also has a slightly improved performance.
28. Collapse History (Left) renamed to Pack History
29. Many tools are assigned to new hotkeys. The ToggleCompass tool is now called with the Backspace key.
30. The Edit Mesh shelf tool now renamed to Modeler
31. Modeler now moved to the package Houdini system instead of using houdini.env