DM 2.0. What's new:
1. We have now a complex modeling tool for artists called "Modeler"
2. Polygonal tools menu has been removed. Replaced with Modeler tool
3. Added a simple desktop "Modeler" - for Modeler maximized viewport mode
4. "Soft Boolean" tools moved to a separate shelf. Revamped main shelf
5. Removed deprecated DM 1.0 code and HDAs
6. DM is now called "Direct Modeling". Not "Direct Modeling HDA"
What is Modeler tool?
It is a brend new tool that replace old DM 1.0 modeling paradigm.
Modeler has subtools like move, rotate, extrude, bevel, bridge, fill quads etc.
But you are always in "Push" mode. It means that you can drag geometry with soft radius at any stage
and use it in combination with other transformation tools.
Main parts of Modeler tool:
a. Always available "Push" mode
b. Quick splitting with Ctrl+LMB. No need for separate split tool
c. Advanced point selection with RMB and other hotkeys.
d. Transformation tools: move, rotate, scale, grab (Blender like), aligned grab, resize, lattice, ramp deform, align etc
e. Destructive modeling tools: extrude, bevel, bridge, delete, collapse, fill quads, create polygon and others
f. History tools: Walk through history, bake (delete) history, clean history, etc
g. Navigation improvements: Align camera to the best view plane
h. And much more.
Currently DM 2.0 is in alpha stage