For Windows 7 users...

robert.magee

Great, I just bought Windows 7 last night. Goodbye Vista! No tears shed there.

Switched back to XP after a week on Vista. But I tried W7 RCs on another computer and have been very satisfied with it until now.

While we' re talking OS and as I have a computer to re-install, does anyone have good advices on which Linux distro to use for a fast and easy Houdini install ?

God damn it! I bought W7 and installed it... only for it to suddenly fail in the last 90% of installation process and back out my installation, with an innocuous message "Windows 7 has failed to install"

grrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Funky, I installed the RC and it only took like 15 minutes and I was up and running, even had Houdini installed by then!

God damn it! I bought W7 and installed it... only for it to suddenly fail in the last 90% of installation process and back out my installation, with an innocuous message "Windows 7 has failed to install"

grrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

I had a similar problem with Vista SP1. It took 30min to download, 20min to complete "stage 2/3" during shutdown, and then 30min to attempt "stage 3/3". It got to 95%, then failed. Several months later, it somehow worked. Go figure.

Well he's better than this guy :

disclaimer: I've given money to both of them ;).

Yep I am with Marc.

Choose the guy you want to give your money .... or go to Ubuntu

BTW I have got my money to only one of them nd to the penguin of course.

Hey guys, use Linux. I have 5 Houdini installations on 5 Suse and Ubuntu Linux and last 6 months I haven't had any crash at all. why do you use Windows? or even Mac?

Windows: Because blue is cool :P

Mac: Because in mac ads there are heroes you eagerly identify with B)

Seriously: Because those bloodthirsty imperialists from two evil companies producing cg software forces us mere mortals to step onto their path to abbyss :angry:

Hey guys, use Linux. I have 5 Houdini installations on 5 Suse and Ubuntu Linux and last 6 months I haven't had any crash at all. why do you use Windows? or even Mac?

I love Linux just as much as the next geek, but you have to consider it's certainly not for everyone. My wife for example isn't too keen on it :D

Considering that 95% of applications that I use works only on Windows, I really don't know why I still use windows ;).

95% !!!!!!!! ??????????

Flash? Photoshop? zbrush? some plug-ins? these are 95%?

Edit: I have FOUR WORDS for steve ballmer , HE IS AN IDIOT!

ps: I love Apple, and their macs and other products. but i kinda like bill gates too , because he has done so much, and yet he is such a humble guy.... but i really dislike MS and their crap.

Edited by Farsheed Ashouri

95% !!!!!!!! ??????????

Flash? Photoshop? zbrush? some plug-ins? these are 95%?

Edit: I have FOUR WORDS for steve ballmer , HE IS AN IDIOT!

ps: I love Apple, and their macs and other products. but i kinda like bill gates too , because he has done so much, and yet he is such a humble guy.... but i really dislike MS and their crap.

No offense but, this isn't cgtalk.