Sign in to follow this  
wildr3d

Making mdd cache files work with RBDs

Hey everyone,

I'm a new user to Houdini and I can't figure this one out. I created in Lightwave a simple scene

with a box moving around that I cached to an mdd file. After I load everything into Houdini I tried

to make the box with the mdd file a RBD object add a ground and some spheres and made them RBDs.

However the box does not interact with any of the spheres, even though I can see the red collision volume

in the box. Can someone take a look at my scene and offer some suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

Hey everyone,

I'm a new user to Houdini and I can't figure this one out. I created in Lightwave a simple scene

with a box moving around that I cached to an mdd file. After I load everything into Houdini I tried

to make the box with the mdd file a RBD object add a ground and some spheres and made them RBDs.

However the box does not interact with any of the spheres, even though I can see the red collision volume

in the box. Can someone take a look at my scene and offer some suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

Check out your Merge DOP and set it to Collide relationship, pay attention that by default left input will effect the right one.

you can set it to mutual for both inputs to effect each other.

Cheers!

Check out your Merge DOP and set it to Collide relationship, pay attention that by default left input will effect the right one.

Cheers!

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Ken

Cheers!

I think I've figured it out, I had to check "use point velocity for collisions" in the rigid solver.

Thanks for the additional advice, Houdini is one amazing program. I've used Lightwave

for 2 decades now and this is the first program to really wrench me away!

Ken

welcome then,fellow Lightwaver :)

Edited by Netvudu