eloop

HOT release - 1.0rc9

Hi people,

This release updates the HOT for H11 compatibility, there is no new functionality. Go to the downloads tab to find a source zip plus an OSX binary.

Google code HOT repository.

Post compile problems for the release in this thread. It would be useful if experienced windows users who have successfully built the HOT for the previous version report back their experience building this version here as well.

Cheers,

Drew

you rock eloop !

os x binary for 11.0.446.9 AND 11.0.469 !!! Great job, thanks !

469 has some display problems... 471 please...

Edited by ykcosmo

Hi people,

This release updates the HOT for H11 compatibility, there is no new functionality. Go to the downloads tab to find a source zip plus an OSX binary.

Google code HOT repository.

Post compile problems for the release in this thread. It would be useful if experienced windows users who have successfully built the HOT for the previous version report back their experience building this version here as well.

Cheers,

Drew

Hi eloop,

Bringing this thread backup...

I'm trying to compile hotsrc-rc9 on OSX (xcode installed).

I've compiled this on Windows and Linux before with hcustom,

but can't seem to figure how to do this on OSX.

Sorry for the trouble, but can you post a step-by-step instruction for compiling the source? Thank you.

Just to add to this, here is the error I'm getting while compiling with make.

(I have edited the makefile to include the osx-compiled 3rdparty libs and $HFS/toolkit/makefiles/Makefile.gnu instead of the linux files)

/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.504/Resources/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_Align.h: In function ‘void* SYSamalloc(size_t, size_t)’:
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.504/Resources/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_Align.h:84: error: ‘memalign’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [SOP_Ocean.o] Error 1

Edited by melazoma

See the documentation.

Hot documentation.

-Drew

Hi eloop,

Sorry for the trouble, but can you post a step-by-step instruction for compiling the source? Thank you.

(I have edited the makefile to include the osx-compiled 3rdparty libs and $HFS/toolkit/makefiles/Makefile.gnu instead of the linux files)

/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.504/Resources/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_Align.h: In function ‘void* SYSamalloc(size_t, size_t)’:
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.504/Resources/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_Align.h:84: error: ‘memalign’ was not declared in this scope

Hey Melazoma,

I'm havign the same "memalign" error when trying to build something else for Houdini - the experimental Alembic exporter here

Eloop suggested you look @ the HOT documentation, and I've tried building HOT from the source, seems to work ok ... did you find a particular solution to the memalign error?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi eloop,