Sign in to follow this  
RonensArt

FLIP Solver Tests

Hi guys,

Here is a bunch of simulation tests:

Shot #1: 200,000 Particles. 24 Minutes per 240 Frames of Simulation time. 18 min of Surfacing time.

Shot #2: 260,000 Particles. 43 Minutes per 180 Frames of Simulation time. 39 min Surfacing time.

Shot #3: 150,000 Particles. Sticky Fluid is enable. 33 Minutes per 200 Frames of Simulation time. 20 min Surfacing time.

Shot #4: 300,000 Particles. 24 Minutes per 70 Frames of Simulation time. 12 min Surfacing time.

Shot #5: 340,000 Particles. 50 Minutes per 240 Frames of Simulation time. 39 min Surfacing time.

Machine: 4 Cores Intel 2GHz each. 6G of RAM, Ubuntu 10 Linux 64 bit.

Cheers.

Ronen.

Thanks for sharing these tests. One question: how were you able to get the thicker, more viscous liquid with the FLIP fluids?

Thanks for sharing these tests. One question: how were you able to get the thicker, more viscous liquid with the FLIP fluids?

Hey goldleaf,

on the FLIP Solver under "Volume Motion" tab, and "Projection" Subtab. there is a "Sticky Fluid" option.

Usually I turn off "Preserve Bubbles" when using it,

also worth playing with the "Surface" tab Method and separation to get more viscous fluid like sims.

Hope this is helping.

Cheers,

Ronen.

Great tests! Thanks for the sim / mesh times... good to have a reference. :)

I test it too...

Video

very powerful tool. in my in my most difficult simulation i'm simulate 4.2 mil particles on overnight work (~300 frames) on 1 machine. very fast in comparsion to RealFlow and result is better and more controllable.

slayerk, that's a great test. would you mind posting the hip file, to use it to compare sim times on my machine?

slayerk, that's a great test. would you mind posting the hip file, to use it to compare sim times on my machine?

i didn't save file with this test.