Particle Fluid flow from animated character????

crash0283

Hey Owl,

Alright, I created the color nodes in the particle fluid node and set the surface node to Cd. I get the color showing up on the fluid, but when I go to render it still renders the fluid as clear. How would I fix this? Thanks again owl.

Chris

Hey Owl,

Alright, I created the color nodes in the particle fluid node and set the surface node to Cd. I get the color showing up on the fluid, but when I go to render it still renders the fluid as clear. How would I fix this? Thanks again owl.

Chris

since basic liquid shader doesn't use Cd converting Cd to transmitColor and reflColor

• 5 years later...

Hello Owl & Chris,

Great method Owl. I tried the latest file that you sent to Chris, as I am also looking for similar effect but unfortunately, I am not getting it. I might be doing something wrong or not following the file. I am a noob in Houdini and just started learning.

Can any of you go through the file I have attached and guide me the issue? The kind of effect I am trying to achieve is in the reference video below:

https://vimeo.com/100104687

Check out the characters, they are made of grains and I am also looking for same/similar effect that can work with fluids.

I have attached a dummy running character alembic and a hip file to know, what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

fluidchar.rar