Sign in to follow this  
thelly

crawling

Hi guys, I'm trying to avoid the crawling of my shader. I used a marble VOP. Is there some king of 3D texture or something like that to keep the texture from crawling. thanks

Hi,

I am not very familiar with projecting tehcniques in houdini, but it sounds like you are projecting the shader on to the geometry, but to make the texture stick on (sort of :blink: ) then you need to use uv based texture cordinates or "bake" projections by rendering the textur to uv based bitmap.... <_< (maybe houdin has some better ways for that!? anybody :unsure: )

-Kaspar

is there some sort of check on the vop to use object space? If you're rendering from camera, it'll create the marble texture in camera space, while you want it in object space. Try placing down a space change vop, and plugging P through it ahead of the marble.

If however your geometry moves/animates inside your object you have to take a different approach. If you can use uvs, do that. Otherwise, take your geometry at frame one (or at it's non-animating rest position), and create an attribute called Pref and plug in your position values. As long as these values don't change you can use them instead of P in your vop, and your texture should stick.

yeah.... hope that helped.

-Jens