Anybody was, is, or going to Bournemouth?

anim

Hi anim!

The weather is really good here. But since it is England it changes a lot... anyway, is less cold, rainy or snowy then the rest of the country, so it is good... swim in the Ocean... I only see desks and computers around me, but I've heard there is a beach!... ;)

I only went there 3 times in one year... and not to swim. I suspect the water should be cold...

If it snows in the winter you guys are F+++d. Everything closes, even if it is just 2 centimeters snow... and the airports close and you loose your plane... and your money and your patient... the labs also close, you're kicked out and stay at home or play snowball fights and hope to get an extension to deliver your project...

Best of luck man! Maybe I'll see you guys, since I'll be out in the 4th September...

ps - just realised the top sentence makes me look like a chained guy... eheheh

Edited by J.Santos

thanks J.Santos,

seems like a lovely place :)

I got offer from Corfe which probably means that Village and Okeford is full or booked at least. I hope it's not so bad as you said chiess.

Hey anim,

Ah, I hoped for you that you wont get a place there, damn. As said, the place itself is wonderful to live, it is just the distance to the university and the bus schedules which make it a bit troublesome. Even our programm leader requested the accommodation service, not to let people from the MADE course live in Corfe house. He probably will say it again at the beginning on your very first day :). If you speak to him, he might can help you to get a closer place to university. I would recommend you, to keep trying to get into Okeford house, since there always people droping out or some rooms get available all of a sudden. In addition, I heard from others, that they got a place in student village during the year (with the help of the university).

Some classmates live in a regular rented accommodation in a shared house close to the campus, which is not in any way connected with the university. This might be a possibility as well.

thank you chiess very much for your help, I've contacted Phil and he helped me with this and luckily there have been some cancelations on Okeford so they will send me an offer

So it seems that I finally would be able to get home at night, this might come in handy :)