Learning microsolvers

TopNub

Hello.

I was not very happy with the flame of a standard tool from the shelf. This tool is too complex and slow and not flexible. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (though I work with Pyro a month now) but I did not get much to vary the behavior of solver and shader. I would like to start studying microsolvers to create a tool for the my fire.

Please give here the development of fire made based on the pyro, or instead of, but not as complicated as the pyro, so I had to start learning microsolvers

Thanks!

meh, that's not even a question :lol:

Hello.

I was not very happy with the flame of a standard tool from the shelf. This tool is too complex and slow and not flexible. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (though I work with Pyro a month now) but I did not get much to vary the behavior of solver and shader. I would like to start studying microsolvers to create a tool for the my fire.

Please give here the development of fire made based on the pyro, or instead of, but not as complicated as the pyro, so I had to start learning microsolvers

Thanks!

for learning how to use microsolvers more effectively, you can check out this tutorial:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1234&Itemid=262

This one walks you through building the Houdini 9.5 fire solver out of microsolvers:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1422&Itemid=344

Also the pyro-solver is made out of a ton of microsolvers so you can always jump in and poke around.

• Like 1

Hello.

Thanks!

:rolleyes: Is it google translate? right? :D

This tool is too complex and slow and not flexible
You think making your own stuff in DOPs - much easier? Not flexible? :ph34r: Are you sure?Think of it again.
...but not as complicated as the pyro...
smoke solver?

Higher speed will only give new mikrosolvers(HDK) with more optimized algorithms. But you can get a lot of different custom effects, or a small acceleration of the standard model, by removing some of the additions.

I couple of years ago studied the effects of these guys, the projects were made for h10.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4265149/microsolvers%20dev.rar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi all and thanks for the examples!

A little out of topic, but I am very concerned about this issue. Pyro material in question.

I need to do scattering for pyro. If I understood correctly, now scattering in Houdini does not work quite correctly. If I stop the calculation, in the rendering stage I do not see any fire or smoke from the simulation, I see scattering only :blink:

Have a look at Mario's presentation :

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1496&Itemid=344

A little out of topic, but I am very concerned about this issue. Pyro material in question.

I need to do scattering for pyro. If I understood correctly, now scattering in Houdini does not work quite correctly. If I stop the calculation, in the rendering stage I do not see any fire or smoke from the simulation, I see scattering only :blink:

I couple of years ago studied the effects of these guys, the projects were made for h10.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4265149/microsolvers%20dev.rar

Wow! very useful. I learned micros solvers last summer during my internship with SESI, but I learned it the hard way :P. These files would have been very useful, they still are, tnx for sharing!

Pazuzu, bhaveshpandey, Nerox Please. I'm glad that it may to help to someone in something))

Pyro material with scattering, it is a little another question, wherewith the topic name.

• 1 year later...