bandini

Blocky Smoke Render from motion blur

post-4396-132099187755_thumb.png

When I enable motion blur I get lots of strange blocks. I have spent a long time trying anything I can to get rid of this. Not sure why this is happening. Not shadows on this. Just rendering density.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be from?

Someone posted something like this recently and said his problem was because his camera had a scale on it.

Someone posted something like this recently and said his problem was because his camera had a scale on it.

My camera is scaled (buried inside a scaled imported FBX file). I will look into that. Thanks!

Hey Bandini

This is something sesi posted as a solution to a similar artifact,

1) Add the 'vm_velocitybounds' parameter (in Mantra/Shading) to the object and set it to the maximum velocity value, in units per frame (not in units per seconds like the "v"/"vel" attribute).

Maybe this could work ?

Cheers

Neither of the suggestions in this thread worked for me, unfortunately. I will hopefully be able to send the problem to sidefx support and see what they say. A bit busy at the moment though... Have to render without motion blur until I can figure this out.

Thank you for the help!

Hey Bandini

This is something sesi posted as a solution to a similar artifact,

1) Add the 'vm_velocitybounds' parameter (in Mantra/Shading) to the object and set it to the maximum velocity value, in units per frame (not in units per seconds like the "v"/"vel" attribute).

Maybe this could work ?

Cheers