Procedural Environment system UDK

freaq

Bad camera angle in Unity :). Sorry for making fuss. I animated it so short that it looked like it's not moving when I added it to scene. Than of course I started to play with options on asset first, instead of changing camera angle, and messed with animation settings and tuned of animation completely.

I wonder how it will work with bones and characters.

cool, nice to know it works, bones should work ok

thanks man

hi Freek

First of all let me say, what an amazing job, my hat's off for you man, amazing

I also want to THANK YOU, first for adding me in your tutorials section, but most of all for doing this, I know that Houdini is the perfect tool for level design on so many ways and that it can be used in so much more areas of game development, so thanks to you for putting this huge project of yours and making such and amazing piece of work.

the pdf it's amazing and helpful, what I would love to see is that python .t3d script, is that available somewhere, I love gamedev and would love to get my hands on that script.

Thanks again and keep up the amazing excellent work.

YOu rock bro!!!

P.D. unity used fbx, houdini has the BEST fbx integration ever, making them work together should be a piece of cake.

thanks man :D and no problem ;)

the t3d script was made by jan Pijpers so I cannot take credit for it nor do I have the power to provide it...

glad to see you are injoying the .pdf, hope more people are learning from it, and the fact that you guys knwo what I do makes me work harder again ;P

ps teh .fbx export to unity I have not tried, (as I do not posses a full copy of houdini...) would love to try some unity leveldesign as well.

especially seeing how quick it is to iterate with games. but who knows what the future holds.

• 5 months later...

<snip>

ps teh .fbx export to unity I have not tried, (as I do not posses a full copy of houdini...) would love to try some unity leveldesign as well.

especially seeing how quick it is to iterate with games. but who knows what the future holds.

gahh, i hope sidefx releases some apprenticeHD or other low-cost integration with Unity... (like in your siggraph video) that would be SO GREAT!!

12++

• 5 months later...