Surface Uber Shader

slayerk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What would it take to get this working with PBR? I assume it would require the adding of BSDF's? Is it something where you would have to just include F as an output for each component calling particular BSDF's or could it be as simple as multiplying the resulting component's output by a diffuse BSDF?

What would it take to get this working with PBR? I assume it would require the adding of BSDF's? Is it something where you would have to just include F as an output for each component calling particular BSDF's or could it be as simple as multiplying the resulting component's output by a diffuse BSDF?

Not planned.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You have done a great job by creating such a useful shader. I registered here just for that reason, that to ask you a few questions=).

First, why specular does not disappear in Opacity (See picture)?

Second, in my opinion the Irradiance is not working properly (See picture) In GI Light I choosed "Full Irradiance". Maybe you can give a logical answer for the work of your shader.

Third, what for need "Constant"? If it participates in Occlusion, Specular, Reflect, Refract, and mixes with diffuse texture.

And final question, what for need "Emission Color"? In fact it react only with Irradiance.

odforce01.jpg

odforce02.jpg

That's all, thank you for your attention.

Edited by Felix9966

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the long absence.

New version uploaded on orbolt. For H13. Temporary lost support for per-light diffuse/specular exports (problem with migraton on H13), but added new features:

Added textures tab. You can use one texture in several components. For example one map for diffuse and occlusion intensity or one map for specular1, specular2 and reflection intensity/roughness.

New Specular type "Cook-Torrance"

shader_h13.rar

Edited by slayerk

You have done a great job by creating such a useful shader. I registered here just for that reason, that to ask you a few questions=).

First, why specular does not disappear in Opacity (See picture)?

Second, in my opinion the Irradiance is not working properly (See picture) In GI Light I choosed "Full Irradiance". Maybe you can give a logical answer for the work of your shader.

Third, what for need "Constant"? If it participates in Occlusion, Specular, Reflect, Refract, and mixes with diffuse texture.

And final question, what for need "Emission Color"? In fact it react only with Irradiance.

odforce01.jpg

odforce02.jpg

That's all, thank you for your attention.

It's normal for me.for example in hack glass shading i set very small opacity but specular on glass are visible and not dissapear. if you want youcan use the same opacity map in specular intensity.

If you want true irradiance turn off toggle "Use Emission" in "Options" tab. This is fast hack for lighting shadows. "Emission color" is color of object in secondary bounces, with it you can control "GI Effect" of you object. In most cases it's enought.

Is anyone test it on Houdini 13.0.260? I cannot get it to work. It works fine on H 12.5.

Yeah, can't get it to work on H13.0.288.  If could get a version for latest production build, that'd be great!

new version for H13 uploaded.

Edited by slayerk