Can this be done in Houdini?

hopbin9

• 1 year later...

Hi eetu any chance you could shed some light on the volume method you were speaking of

Oh my, what has my big mouth gotten me into this time.. smile.gif

Then again, that might be a nice case for checking out scipy/numpy...

Hi eetu, any chance you could shed some light on the volume method you were speaking of?  I tried to implement a pop wrangle method of the nbody equation but don't think its working properly. and anything over about 300 particles is very slow. If you could share that would be great as I would like to try and mix the solutions.

Thanks eetu I got this to work in h13 adapted it to work in the new dops.  I also added in a python sop which allows you to read in point cloud data such as the data from the dubinski model.  Although the files do need to be converted to txt format with proper spacing which i've also included. as eetu stated you will need to update file read and write nodes.  I would like to continue the work on this for close particle interaction if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to add.

dubinski.txt

stars.txt

NBody_Gravitation.hip