Which FX Houses have Houdini FX TDs?

magneto

Appreciate the list guys. I'll be trying to spread my wings for an internship sometime soon....Hey, gotta start somewhere.

You should go for the sidefx internships, if you go to the one in Toronto you will be able to ask developers directly.

Add to the list:

New York - Method (starting to build up a houdini team there around the end of April).

• Like 1

Do all these companies really have dedicated Houdini people on their staff? Because I know that some places have their regular staff using their main software, where someone also happens to know (some) Houdini, but never using it on a full-time basis. I heard EA Van is one of those places (from a close friend).

I'm pretty sure EA has some dedicated Houdini tds.

The majority of those places have houdini exclusive(ish) jobs. You'll be incredibly lucky if you never have to touch another piece of software... even if it's just to open maya and export someone else's geometry because the animation department won't deliver stuff to you. *shakes fist angerly*

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I think it's reasonable to have to use other software like you said. But if it's like "Do this work in Maya/Max", "Don't use Houdini for this one", etc it would be pretty bad IMO :)

every place is different, you'll just have to lookat job postings to determine what a place will be like

Storm Studio also got 2 full time and a few in n out :D Think filmkameratene also got a few seats? We should start a OHUG so not only Vancouver get to have a user group hehe!

There's user groups in London, Toronto, LA, and Wellington! Don't be the odd man out, Oslo.

• Like 1

Please add montreal Canada as well,

As I know,

Mokko Studio (Maya, Houdini, Naiad)

Modus FX ( Houdini, XSI)

New Bleed (not sure)

are using Houdini.

And I (from Modus FX) really need Houdini people for upcoming film projects.( Personally I really prefer people who has passion and who does not like to work with maya anymore lol)

I know tons of good maya fx TD people including my friends so please do not take this wrong way.

Thanks a lot anyway.

That is really good updated list.(especially about DrD)

And Sorry to kind use this post for add.....

• Like 1

Please add montreal Canada as well,

As I know,

Mokko Studio (Maya, Houdini, Naiad)

Modus FX ( Houdini, XSI)

New Bleed (not sure)

are using Houdini.

And I (from Modus FX) really need Houdini people for upcoming film projects.( Personally I really prefer people who has passion and who does not like to work with maya anymore lol)

I know tons of good maya fx TD people including my friends so please do not take this wrong way.

Thanks a lot anyway.

That is really good updated list.(especially about DrD)

And Sorry to kind use this post for add.....

I'm happy to see Houdini growing in Montreal. I feel very hesitant to apply for work over there knowing how many people have been burned between Lumiere/Meteor/Fake Studio

Also anyone knows if Lucasfilm and ILM are the same? They are part of the same company but doing different things?

I don't remember seeing job advertisements from ILM but I see them from Lucasfilm occasionally, so confused about it.

Also anyone knows if Lucasfilm and ILM are the same? They are part of the same company but doing different things?

I don't remember seeing job advertisements from ILM but I see them from Lucasfilm occasionally, so confused about it.

ILM is a division of Lucasfilm. They share the same jobs site.

• 2 years later...