Is there a posibility to calculate substeps on a cache file?

I have tried to used time warp for stretching the cache for example from frame 1 in to -> to 1 to 50 but it just gave me frame first or the second frame.

for example: i shatter a glass thats falling using fractureparms with 25fps. now i want to use it at 300fps

or also i want to use the cache to be a collision on later aplied water simulations

thnx

http://youtu.be/h2GupSHP_oM

try tu use a time blend sop and than a time shift (multiply the expression by a number > 1)

I hope it helps!

You can use a timeblend node before the timewarp to interpolate between the frames

....too slow!

Edited by sam.h

Or a chop network if your points have id and are not in millions.

Is even slower, but more control.

Edited by Macha

If you use a timeshift (I much prefer this to using timewarp, I normally just create a curve for my Frame parameter) make sure you uncheck "Integer Frames".

I would also vote for the timeshift technique with an animated frame parameter as Darric suggested.

If you are using any kind of dynamic fracturing you need to make sure to generate unique ids. To do this I normally use a combination of point numbers and $DOPOPJECTID (make sure you enable this in your dopimport). To get consistent point numbers I separate each piece with a for each node.

I've attached an exemplary hip file with the important parts to show you the nodes and expressions I use.

To work efficiently with this be sure to cache your simulation first ;)

-dennis

dynamic_retime.hip

Edited by dennis.weil

I would also vote for the timeshift technique with an animated frame parameter as Darric suggested.

If you are using any kind of dynamic fracturing you need to make sure to generate unique ids. To do this I normally use a combination of point numbers and $DOPOPJECTID (make sure you enable this in your dopimport). To get consistent point numbers I separate each piece with a for each node.

I've attached an exemplary hip file with the important parts to show you the nodes and expressions I use.

To work efficiently with this be sure to cache your simulation first ;)

-dennis

thnx... im not that familiar with houdini jet.

you sayed: If you are using any kind of dynamic fracturing you need to make sure to generate unique ids.

well im working with a cached file. Is it then still posible to generate the unique ids if you dont have the dynamics anymore?

thnx

If you didn't stamp the dopobjectid then yes you will have to rerun the sim.